4th Gear

vincent

What blue lights?
Donating Member
Registered
4th Gear slipping on me. Under smooth acceleration no problems but if cruising in 4th or hitting hard busa skips like there is a busted cog or something. When I do have to use the bike I refuse to touch 4th until can get fixed.

Anyone know of cheap place to get new trans? Or other ideas that may be a bit better?

Holy cow! Look what the cat dragged in! How are you man? I will look around to see if there anything listed... by hey - long time no hear!

Yeah, I have been kinda quiet since starting civilian life. Its driving me freaking insane! Trying to get back into the Corps now but being told that since I am prior service they cannot do a thing with me until Jan at earliest and that there is about a 90% chance of going back to original MOS. Refusing to do that part, looking into the Army WO program.

Before I went down one on front, was at 30k. Now says 39.4k
Would that have an effect on only one gear though? Would of thought a clutch issue would be noticed throughout entire range

Before I went down one on front, was at 30k. Now says 39.4k
Would that have an effect on only one gear though? Would of thought a clutch issue would be noticed throughout entire range

It could be your clutch slipping...try it in 2nd or 3rd at a slower speed than you normally ride in those gears...make sure you are in a safe area. Give it full throttle in you can and see if it slips.

+1 was thinking the same thing. :beerchug: worse case you can prob. find someone selling just the trans parts out of their engine. I know I saw a post some where that everything was baing sold off except the engine case.
It could be your clutch slipping...try it in 2nd or 3rd at a slower speed than you normally ride in those gears...make sure you are in a safe area. Give it full throttle in you can and see if it slips.

worth a shot, will give it a try within the next couple days and let ya know if any difference.
Noticed the trans sales but by the time I got to them looked like already spoken for. Wasn't gonna try to step on anyones toes just to get mine running right again. Can wait short bit if I have to

Mine is slipping in fifth gear only. under normal accelerations its ok, but when I get on it it slips so bad there is no accerleration. all other gears are fine. Not sure whats going on? WHat did you do with your bike?

It's a two year old thread...he never came back and reported what happened.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back