03 busa overcharging

Out of curiosity, why did you check the voltage? Are you having some other problem? Does there appear to be any damage to any of the wiring to/from the battery? If there is too much juice, could be an issue with the generator or the rectifier...

Sounds like there might be something else going on though.

MCM

Out of curiosity, why did you check the voltage? Are you having some other problem? Does there appear to be any damage to any of the wiring to/from the battery? If there is too much juice, could be an issue with the generator or the rectifier...

Sounds like there might be something else going on though.

MCM

ive replaced the rectifier and kickstand switch, this is my second batteryin 6 months, so thats when i tested to see if it was puttin out tha correct voltage as noted:banghead:

Well, the charging system is actually pretty simple... not many things it could be... 2nd battery? Why did you have to change them? What were the symptoms?

??? 16 v not far from 14.4 some cheap voltage testers are off by that much

Well, the charging system is actually pretty simple... not many things it could be... 2nd battery? Why did you have to change them? What were the symptoms?

its the secend battery that ive purchased this year, seems to me cooking tha acid cpmpletely out of them,symptoms are its cutting off while im ridding, only for a few seconds, no throttle response,rpm tac drops to 0, lights still work, but oil light or fi light comes on, ive replaced the kickstand switch

Sounds like a rectifier / voltage regulator issue. You shouldn't be seeing anything above 14.4 VDC from memory. Pull the manual and double check. 16 VDC would be cooking your battery.

Back