Help! Busa shut off while idling at light.

vegasbusa

Registered
Its' hot out here in Vegas first of all. Was out riding last night and noticed that my dash lights looked dim. Didn't think anything of it since it is very bright on the Strip. Then my bike just shut off. My Tach was stuck @ 2000 rpm with key off. I turned the key on and then off again and everything reset. But, it would not start. I had nothing on the ignition. Waited a little while and tried again, but still nothing. So I pop started it it and drove about 1/4 mile and it shut down again. It seems like the battery just died, but that seems unusual. I know the batteries don't last out here in this heat, but it seems strange that it died that fast. Threw my brothers battery in it and made it home Where should I start checking for the problem. Thanks ahead of time. 2000 Busa.

How old is the battery, it could very well be the battery! If your brother's battery fails too while it is in your bike, it may be a charging problem.

Welcome to the ORG!!!:thumbsup::beerchug:

Thanks for the welcome. I just used his battery to get home. My battery seemed to be working fine.(Easy starts) I have to change my Harley battery every year, but last year was my first battery change for the Busa. Like I said, it just seemed wierd that as the bike was idling it just went dead. I wanted to see if I could test "something" before I put a new battery in and kill that one too. Thanks

Back