Worth getting it fixed? 2k8 busa

keatonreckard

Registered
last week i was riding with my brother, i was in the left side of th lane in front, and he was in the right behind me maybe 30 feet... we were just coming out of a curve and i was returning to the left side of the lane when my front tire touched the yellow line, and they had painted the road literally 20 seconds before so i went down...

now the question is, i just got the insurance estimate, $3166.62 the bike still runs fine, and i think the damage is only cosmetic.. so should i try to fix myself for cheaper or just get it fixed?

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

sorry to hear about your bad luck.....
i would say..... just get it fixed and be done with........ have them order all the parts befor you take it in..... repair time will be quicker
good luck:beerchug:

Can you contact the county or city about it? Were there any signs warning about wet paint or caution? Sounds to me like they could be responsible.

You may not have got enough $$$ to have it done.
Have you check the price of that right side exhaust?
No that you would replace with that, but they should pay you like you are.

New right side can, New right side mid pipe, New tire, New upper, New lowers, new front fender, bar end, prolly mirror.

oh, and watch out.....they may want to ticket you for crossing a double yellow

Get you a parts list going and call these guys for OEM parts. They are a sponsor here and will do you right. There is a member here who is our contact. KSRGX0705 or something like that

Can you contact the county or city about it? Were there any signs warning about wet paint or caution? Sounds to me like they could be responsible.
There was a cone at the end of the road maybe 30 - 40 feet ahead of me, i had a police officer come and she said that 9/10 times they claim government immunity so it wouldnt be worth going after them...and she also said they arent required to have signs or cones or anything

i PMed him about it. thanks a lot for the info

Sorry for your incident.if you need any parts feel free to give me a shout and discuss options...We Do All Brands OEM Parts & Service...

that sux bro, but as long as its just cosmetic and the fairing stat didn't tweak, fix 'er. I have it disassembled and look for damage below the skin so it's all done the first time.

Dude that sucks.

Probably not going to get anywhere trying to get the state to fix it or pay for it.

On a lighter side, Paint the Bike Yellow, Your almost there. :whistle:

:poke: What scratches all I see is a half way done paint job, I'm sure rev can make the rest of that bike yellow for you:rofl:

glad your ok
x1000 on making the county/city pay for the damages and id even sue if you got hurt

When my town repainted the lines, they had cones lining the paint. I figured it was required for them to do that, maybe my town was just being curtious?

Back