Right side of windscreen hitting brake resevoir

Rothman

"Professional Lurker"
Registered
Hey guys/gals, I custom fabricated and installed a 1" solid riser comparable to the Genmar riser a few months back. Once installed the windscreen rubbed the brake resevoir, just barely but after time, it's just enough to pizz me off. Anyway, I installed a DB screen today and it is hitting the resevoir even worse than the stock unit and still, only on the right side. I took a few steps back to get a better perspective on the situation and found that sure as schit the whole front/nose fairing is twisted or leaning a little to the right. The left side has tons of clearance with the screen. So basically, is it possible that the P.O. put the fairings on in such a way as to cause this type of thing? Or is that not even an option at which point we're talking about something bent (or worse broken) underneath?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Need pics bro, would it be possible to rotate the controls to gain more clearance?

I know that over time my fairing has sagged a little. I needed to tighten the bolts that mount the fairing stay bracket to the frame.

When I raised mine up I had to grind a little off the fairing and windscreen as it did the same thing.
Dremel and sanding tube worked great.

Mine does the samething. I took everything off the front to see what was going on and it is due to the fairing tsay bracket being ****-eyed a little bit. I wonder if this is the same for other bikes as well.

i used risers too......hated 'em and took 'em off cuz of hitting and i didn't like the tension it put on the cables. and I machined my risers only to .875". ur problem sounds like fairing stay issues tho. take the nose off and take some measurements, then you'll know 4 sure.

Mine touches with 3/4 Genmar and Suzuki Touring Screen, but not enough to make any difference. Some people have ground off the corner of their resevoir.

Well I don't really want to take off the risers and I surely don't want to cut the screen. I guess when I get time this weekend I'll take off the fairings and see what's going on. Were all you other guys only hitting on one side of the screen as well?

i actually did one other thing too, which kinda went hand in hand with my riding style. i have pazzo levers (shorties) and like using index and middle finger for clutch and brake, so i loosened up bolts and slid controls in about 1"

Back