03 busa overcharging

ncstunna

Registered
im having problems with my busa overcharging, any ideas why or what may be causing this to happen. o3 busa, no addons like aftermarket lights, no tre or p3, have my scu reflashed. im on my 2nd battery this year, when i checked both of them they were dry. please and suggestions welcome!

Get a shop manual, disconnect the VR and test it with multimeter based on the reference ohms it gives you at each test point.. Unregulated voltage to the battery will kill it. Wardie

i replaced the regulator after the first time it fried my battery, now when i put my tester on my battery with tha bike running, it read 16v after a few minutes of running, i recall replacing my first battery in janurary,and tha shop didnt have a replacment but sold me one for an 08 busa. i notice right off that it was taller than tha one i was taking out, could that be causing this problem?

16V is way too high. With the bike running the regulator should be putting out between 13.2 and 14.4 VDC. 16V will cook the water out of the battery in a pretty short amount of time. The regulator you are currently using is faulty. Take a multi-meter and check for the proper measurements according to the service manual. You can download it from the DIY section of the forum.

Back