Gas Gauge??

BusaPebbles

Registered
OK, so I got on my bike this morning and the gas gauge is about 1/4 inch about the F line. It hasn't moved at all. I opened the gass tank and there is not a whole lot of gas in there. Anyone know how the gauge might have got broke? It was fine last Friday when I rode. Help!

Give it some time, mine stays full all the time and blamo! Half a tank, It does not gradually go down.

The arm was the whole way up to the stopper...At lunch I went out, and it has dropped down...not sure what is up...perhaps a fluke.

Are you running anything other than pump gas? Some fuels will gum up pretty bad. Might be sticking...

I got a bad batch of MR9...which gums after a while anyway. This batch gummed within a few hours and stopped two bikes.

Give it time Sam she will end up blaiming me.... :dunno:

I had that same problem with mine for a few days this spring. Turned the key and they cycled fine. Started the bike and the fuel gauged pegged and stayed there. The Tach was also reading low. Tried turing the bike off and back on right away, the fuel gause did not cycle properly. After riding a couple of miles, I turned the bike off and back on and everything was normal again. This went on for a few days, I'd just turn the bike off and back on after a mile or so. Figured I'd look at it over the weekend, but after a couple of days, everything went back to normal. Never had a chance to find out what the cause was.

I had that same problem with mine for a few days this spring. Turned the key and they cycled fine. Started the bike and the fuel gauged pegged and stayed there. The Tach was also reading low. Tried turing the bike off and back on right away, the fuel gause did not cycle properly. After riding a couple of miles, I turned the bike off and back on and everything was normal again. This went on for a few days, I'd just turn the bike off and back on after a mile or so. Figured I'd look at it over the weekend, but after a couple of days, everything went back to normal. Never had a chance to find out what the cause was.

Well....Warbird came over and fixed it this weekend....He just banged on the gauges a couple of times and everything is normal...:laugh:

I still blame Dino...all those tools he was throwing in the garage had to have done something....RIGHT??:whistle:

So did it fix itself or are you still having the problem. DId you check the connection under the tank to make sure the wires are plugged in good.

Back