can washing bike to often damage parts, spark plug pics

oldbird

Registered
took bike for a ride with 5 other bikes we rode them pretty hard that day.the next day took bike out for a short ride and it was missing pretty bad.after 11.000 miles i wanted to try the plugs first.the first 2 coils came out ok,3rd coil was a little tight the last coil took about 30 minutes to remove and thats with wd40.as you can see plugs have a lot of rust on them.the 2 tight coils have the plastic center split in half because the coil is also rusted pretty bad.i got the bike new and it is always stored indoors.i do wash the bike often do you think this would cause so much rust.i only remember getting caught in the rain once and nothing else under the tank has rust

plugs 011.jpg

100_2066.jpg

when you change it be sure the water weep holes are clear....a wet bike gets water all over plugs then you fire the bike up usually right after crystallizes the salt ions in water forms a coating over plugs do it often enough and you get such heavy build up rust forms...read up on what rust really is..

thanks goldenchild with the plastic split on the coil and lots of rust on the coils themselves should i replace the coils.found a set of coils on ebay for $40.00 but they are for a 08 or 09 model

Back