Clutch not engaging

wearyfootsteps

Registered
Search function doesn't work at the office, sorry if repost :

While driving around town, when at a stop for any long period I shift the bike into neutral to ease up my left hand. Problem is, if it sits in neutral for too long at a light, sometimes it won't engage a gear right away, i have to play with it. At a red light, this is more than annoying, it's embarrassing. Brand new bike, dropped once (kickstand). Help?

not sure I understand the issue.. you can not get it to go into a gear? the clutch wont engage?

if you are sitting at light, pull in clutch and step the shifter down in to first gear it wont go? how does the clutch lever feel? if you pump it 2 or 3 times real fast does that change the issue? (perhaps it just needs bled?)

For some reason my last post didn't take, sorry but thanks for the help. The clutch seems fine, feels firm and shifts gears cleanly while riding. When sitting in neutral at a light, i pull in the clutch and kick the shifter into 1st...but it stays in neutral. Can't shift it up into 2nd either. After squeezing the clutch lever a few times, rolling forward a bit, and performing juju magic, the shifter will finally click into first and I can roll off. Only happens in neutral to 1st/neutral to 2nd.

if it is new take it to a responsible dealer for warranty check.

Does dropping the bike not void the warranty? I should read it again, I just assumed it would be an issue.

I doubt it. But dont mention it to them when you take it in.
There have been a many bikes dropped and came out without tranny issues.

Back