Running on three cylinders

Bofh_uk

Registered
Hi all, I washed the 99 Busa two days ago with a jet wash, I didn't blast the engin but did blast the rear shock area.

It started fine afterwards but this morning it's running on three pots by the feel of it. Anyone got any Idea where to start looking for the problem? I'm not to sure which cylinder is not running as it's a bit tight to get your hand in lol

Cheers

Well it seems to be running on all four cylinders, just holding back. If it try and hold the revs at say 3k it seems to be holding back then it will hop up and down 500 revs or so......

Everything is dry in there, I took out the K&N filter for a moment and that made no difference..

Confused

Well after much head and arse scratching I guess the problem was water. I ran it up to working temp for a while, no joy. Searched everything I could see and couldn't find any water. I did find a screw driver tip that I lost ages ago near the battery :rofl:

Spoke to the mechanic and he agreed on water, went back to the shed and hey presto she's working fine :thumbsup:

Happy Busa

Actually the problem keeps coming back, its like a huge flat spot up to 3.5K revs nearly un ridable. Soon as it hits 3.5k it goes like a rocket but under that its crap.

It did it for about 10 miles tonight then cleared itself again...

Anyone got any ideas?

Back