What is considered high oil consumption on an 01' Busa?

wardie

Donating Member
Registered
Just came back from a little over 1,400 miles on my Busa. Mostly freeway doing 75-80 175 miles at a time till you stop to fill up then do it all over again. After my 4 day romp I cleaned the Busa today and noticed no oil in the sight glass when the bike was held level. I changed oil and filter and put the oil to the upper most mark and now it isn't in the sight glass. This is the second time it has done it. Did the Busa Bash and back and the same thing happened. Fuel consumption is about 38-39.5 mpg. Haven't changed plugs. When I get on it my friends tell me there's a small puff of smoke occassionally but I think that is normal just blowing out the carbon. Does this oil consumption seem normal or does anyone have experience on this and like to tell me about it?

I haven't done any compression tests but in view of the mileage it's about where most Busas get. Wardie???

I have a little over 25,000 miles on it. I checked the search and many posts reported either no il loss or some oil loss. Maybe it's production/quality control, maybe it's the valve stemn seals I dunno. I guess I add some oil and keep watching it. Wardie

i have an '01 and have kinda the same issue. i normally do an oil change at 2500 miles and when i do, im about a qt low. yet if i try to push it to 3000 miles, ill be 2 qts low. bike has 47k miles, NEVER had and issues, just dynoed 169.x rwhp, and gets 42 mpg.

Back