Question about a 2000 Busa...oil leak

GPW

Donating Member
Registered
There are four ports, one located under each exhaust port on the foward side of the motor (not the parve valve ports) smaller hole in the casting of the block. What would cause one of these tiny port holes to leak oil???

Its looking like an exhaust valve, weep hole in the event the valve seal leaks? ....but I am unsure. I'll get some pictures in the morning. Unless I missed it the manual shows notthing for that area of the head....

Here is a pic of mine.
Can you draw an arrow or decribe where it is?

1.JPG

You can't see it in your pic but its directly under the header tube on the head itself.

It's the valve cover gasket rings around the spark plug holes when you put the cover on,one is pinched letting oil past when you run the engine and that hole is for water to run out of when it fills the spark plug hole..

It's the valve cover gasket rings around the spark plug holes when you put the cover on,one is pinched letting oil past when you run the engine and that hole is for water to run out of when it fills the spark plug hole..

+1 gasket isn't on correctly

thanks I knew it was a weep hole but did not know the source.. :beerchug:

I had the same issue after having my bike in for valve adjustment. Was able to get the pinched o-ring to work even though it was damaged :thumbsup:

\hi guys, finally got an answer to my issue too , I thought it might have been a valve seal gone, but its clear now what it is, i have recently taken my rocker cover off and having the same small leak from the little hole just below the headder on left hand side, so looks like i will be removing the rocker cover yet again lol.....:banghead::redface::redface::redface::redface::redface::redface::redface:

Back