04 Busa missing

crowbar

Registered
I am having trouble with my stock 04 Busa with 4200 miles on it, I was coming home after a high speed pass on the interstate and it started missing out (dead miss like a fouled plug) at anything below 4000 rpm's, After replacing the plugs it is still difficult to start and it seems worse, If you hold the bike at 5000 rpm's or below it's like I'm turning the kill switch on and off, Above 5000 it runs great, At an idle you have to flash the throttle to keep it running.. I did notice that there is a place for a hose in front bottom of the air box that has nothing hooked to it ??

Thanks for any helpful advice you guys might have.

04 with 4200 miles? Dont ride it much huh?

:welcome: here's a :bump: for your problem:beerchug:

04 with 4200 miles? Dont ride it much huh?

:welcome: here's a :bump: for your problem:beerchug:

Most of my friends ride HD's, Not too much into long rides in formation. Although it's cool to ride sitting up with on hand on the throttle and the other on my knee watching my buddies struggle to keep up

That place on the bottom is not a gold metal like vac. pod is it- dead center or off to the side????

It is the same as the two on the bottom/back of the filter box (Black plastic), It's part of the molding and possibly could take a 3/8 hose to attach ??

If you have a PC, unplug it and run your bike without the PC. If your bike runs fine then its the PC. Do the same thing if you have a TRE installed. Check fuel filter and battery. I ran into the same problem a moth ago and also thought it was the plugs. After spending $40 on new plugs I found out that it was my PC. Good luck!

If you have a PC, unplug it and run your bike without the PC. If your bike runs fine then its the PC. Do the same thing if you have a TRE installed. Check fuel filter and battery. I ran into the same problem a moth ago and also thought it was the plugs. After spending $40 on new plugs I found out that it was my PC. Good luck!

I have not added any aftermarket goodies, the bike is stock. I replaced the battery(OEM) this winter. I will Check the fuel filter today... Thanks

its just a drain, have you checked all the vaccume lines?

It was a vaccuum line on the bottom of the air box, I think I fouled a plug the first time and when I replaced them I must have missed putting a small vaccuum line on the bottom/back of the air box on. Who would have ever thought a small line would make my bike run so horribly. Always check the small things first before you tear into something.

THANKS for giving me the advice that fixed my bike, YOU ARE A GREAT GROUP...:thumbsup:

hey, I am new to the form, but not new to the hayabusa. I have a 2001 that is experiencing the same misfiring problem, however I have taken the air box off 3 different times and it is not a vacuum leak... I have a 2001, small air box mod, K&N filter, slash cut exhausts, HID headlights, TRE, and 17800 miles. I do have a PC2, however it was not installed. The misfiring problem has gotten progressively worse. Tried the fuel injector cleaner, negative. Changed the spark plugs, and the problem got worse. Checked the coils individually, and each is firing fine. The only difference I have made was, I DID add the PC2 and the bike fired up and ran great, for about 3 miles, then back to misfiring. Took the PC2 off and no change, still misfiring. Code is C32. I will be searching for what a C32 code is. Any help would be great! Thank you

Last edited:
ok i had the same problem ,replace plugs, check your air temp sensor plug make sure it is in and tight , its the green plug twards the front of the air box on the left side of the bike. someone pulled my airbox and broke the clip on mine and came loose and would start fine until it got warm then wouldnt run right. fixed it and it was fine. check it .:thumbsup:

Moin moin,

C32 is the signal for a faulted injector/fuel system on cylinder #1 (left hand cylinder).

Still got probs or is it solved meanwhile?

Ciao
D1

Back