CKP Issue, Very confused, please help

pmuney

Registered
So I bought the bike on a monday, ex kicked her over wednesday, took a week to get new stator cover and gasket, replaced, rode for about 3 days, then my bike shut off mid cruise. have not had a chance to check the code the bike is giving yet, but fairly certain it is the CKP because of the stator cover replacement I did, the fact that F1 is coming up, and since she shut off mid cruise. My problem is, where can I find this part? Looked through all the parts websites and just cannot locate it. Also, anyone have a picture of how to correctly assemble the stator assembly? it seemed pretty self explanatory when I did it, but judging by the fact something is wrong, I could use some guidance. I also have a PCIII on the bike if that means anything. PLEASE PLEASE OH PLEASE DONT BE ANY METAL SHAVINGS WHEN I OPEN HER UP!!! :please:

well I know I changed my stator cover but for the life of me do not remember the crank sensor.. I can tell you that the failure rate on this part is just about 0.. (barring damage done during install etc. I would be inclined to think it is either unplugged or maybe came loose? how about the reluctor? (the part that flys by the sensor) was it taken loose?

Hmmm I am looking at the parts manual right now for the Magneto. Looking at the Code list (all the F1 codes) how do I fix code c12, which is Crankshaft Position sensor. There is an arrow pointing to a piece inside of the stator.

Remove the stator cover, and you will probally find that its loose, or maybe pinched!

Ok So I opened the Stator cover and for some reason the three bolts holding the stator in place had all backed themselves out, one backed out so far that it has been grinded down by something (not really sure what parts in there move), when I torqued all the bolts down the bike purred like a kitten and is running like new. Is there an issue there or did I just not torque them down enough? Should I loctite them?

Just wondering if this will cause a false redline problem. 01 with yosh rs3 full system, bmc race air filter and PCIII usb. at 9500 my bike acts as though it ran out of fuel and hit a rev limit. This happens in all gears. Tried replacing fuel pump, ecu and unplugged the PCIII USB still have the same rev limit of 9500.

here, also when you reinstalled it, did you remember to Put back the Guide that holds the wire in place? If you forgot to install it, it could make the sensor sit a little lower and could throw off the reading
27878d1243726453-new-item-installed-img_0565.jpg

Back