Help need to hook up aftermarket temp gauge

grayautomotive

Registered
I just bought my first 07' busa , Well hill my first motorcycle ever but my gauges dont work and i know its my gauges have installed them on another busa and still nothing. But im heading to Daytona Bike Week and I dont care about how many rpms im turning nor how fast im going because im cruzing the whole time anyways. So far as Fuel I will just Fill her up and Guestimate on it. But my main concern is bike Temperature being i just got it i dont know of no can see any major problems but I dont want it to run hot. And being my gauges are dead do anyone know of away i can install a aftermarket temperature gauge. Can i just pick the temp signal up from my factory gauge wiring harness or something. Please any advice will help.

Matter of fact i think its not the gauges but the gauge board what color wires on the 07 busa goes to what on the gauge cluster and do you think i could tap into these wires and run them directly into my gauges because i know something in the board is bad just dont know what keeping just the gauges from working i have everything else works fine,Neutral,Oil Light Turnsignals all lights work basically. Just gauges.

Hmmmm interesting. Well you can search the board for the service manual link. It's a pdf file and see if that works for you. Or/and you can turn it on and run it for no more than about 10 mins. and see if your fan kicks on. I did that to mine last night because I had a hose in the way. When the fan kicked on I heard it hitting against something. So last night I moved everything out of the way and just turned it on and let it idle until the fan kicked on (about 5 - mins.) that when it's at the half way mark. So long story short... if your fan is kicking on then it SHOULD not overheat..unless there is something else wrong also. Just my 2 cents.???

Back