More Brake Issues

mrnyc01

Registered
Ok so I replaced my front brakes because I was hearing a kind of "whine" when the front brakes are applied. It brakes fine... no problems what so ever. So I figured I need to replace my front brakes (maybe they were wearing down and the noise was an indicator). I had the bike over a year and I never replaced them. So anyways I replace all of them.. front and back. Bled the system. Everything works great. I ride to work today. I apply the front brakes and there is the whine again. Again... brakes work fine, no pulling to either side. Not spongy or anything. Just the irritating whine. Once I relase the front brakes the whine goes away. Or atleast I can't hear it anymore until I apply the front brakes again. I do not know what type of brakes were on there before. The ones I bought were Kevlar compund brakes for motorcycles. I dont think they are the "HH" types everyone on here speaks about. The rotors are not bent, no play in them. ??? Can someone help? I guess I also want to know that if anyone has a Gen I busa with a few years on it, do you have any kind of noise coming from your front brakes or are they absolutley quiet? Do you not hear anything? Trying to compare apples to apples here...??? Thanks!

No whine hear but I do hear the rotors passing over the surface of the pads with no brake applied

I will check the scarring and see.. I don't think it much though. Should I spary some type of cleaning agent on there... NOT OILY stuff. :laugh: It's just irratating...

Thanks Rubber...I don't get that. I hear nothing until I apply the brakes.

I'm not familiar with the choice in pads you've got. Maybe you should give the company a call and ask if they're supposed to be noisey? Cleaning the rotors is never a bad idea but I don't think it'll haev much of an effect.

Some pads have a little whine to them and some don't. Has nothing to do with your rotors. Get use to the sound or try different pads.

Some pads have a little whine to them and some don't. Has nothing to do with your rotors. Get use to the sound or try different pads.
I had a lot of noise coming from the HH pad.. I found that by putting the slightest of chamfer on the holes in the rotor (3/8 drill bit) it eliminated about 90% of the noise.. you could feel the smallest of ridges at each hole so I just touched each one with the bit and removed that tiny ridge..

Funny the Extreme HH pad does not make a peep...

Back