Ran really hot

Jumbos1300

Registered
I did this 700+ mile round trip ride this weekend and the bike ran like a champ. We (8 other bikes) came into some traffic at one point and I noticed my babies temp gauge start to climb. The whole weekend it was always under 1/2. Well while in traffic it went all the way up to the last part of the white line in the gauge. I have a 2007 btw. Just almost touching the red. I was about to pull off in to the shoulder and let her rest. Now mind you the traffic was rolling about 5mph and stop...etc I even pulled to shoulder line to get some cooler air. Temp outside was high 80's that day. So my question is does anyone think there is a problem or just cause of the traffic? Fan was on cause it was blowin heat out of the ferings.

Yeh I did hear it, I was askin my boy who has a 08 ridin next to me and his never went above 1/2. I was like wtf?? He said 08's have 2 fans...

Yeh I did hear it, I was askin my boy who has a 08 ridin next to me and his never went above 1/2. I was like wtf?? He said 08's have 2 fans...

Bruh, do the second fan mod!! See gixerhp, best mod and one of the easiest! I did mine on a 02...LOVE IT!!

Several things that it could be. Check the coolant level (maybe change to Engine Ice or Water Wetter), check the fan (maybe change to a Muzzy fan), check the thermostat. Have had mine in the some very hot and muggy conditions and not had it get above halfway.

Back