idling and slipping problem

WBoulton

Registered
I'm trying to get a little back ground info on Busa's.

little back ground info on the bike and it's owner first. the bike is an 05 busa with about 10k on it. It's never seen a drag strip or even a drag race. the owner does not do wheelies or anything like that. He rides pretty much all highway. He does long trips from Philly to Connecticut to Maryland and so on. the bike is all stock and the owner is 6'8 350lbs.

on to the problems,
it seems to have a rough idle and stalls if you rev it up high and then idle down. seem to run a little rough when your ripping on it like it has a small misfire. It does not seem to run good for a busa. I can out run it on my 07 750 from a roll! My question is how often do you guys change plugs and are busa's known for coils going bad, ground problems, or anything like that??

now on to the next problem. It seems as if the chain in jumping under hard load in second gear only around 8000-9000rpm. It doesn't do it in any other gear, just second. It just started doing this out of now where. the chain tensioner is maxed out and the chain is still kinda loose. I've ordered need chain and sprockets for it hoping this will fix, but do these bikes have trans problems??? anyone else ever have a problem like this?

Sounds like somebody rode the stuff out of it. Might want to take it in a have it checked out.

You can change the plugs and adjust the idle. Hopefully it is the chain and sprockets, but I seriously doubt Grandma took it to church via the interstate bullshid. I didn't take care of my first chain and got 16K out of it. Sounds like someones been shifting into second without the clutch at the track every weekend :laugh:

Last edited:
You can change the plugs and adjust the idle. Hopefully it is the chain and sprockets, but I seriously doubt Grandma took it to church via the interstate bullshid. I didn't take care of my first chain and got 16K out of it. Sounds like someones been shifting into second without the clutch at the track every weekend :laugh:

Yeah, but how big are you? This owner is an easy 350lbs. He beats on it, but not like I beat on my bikes if you know what I mean. It's never seen a track I know that for a fact. I'm gonna put chain and sprockets on it sometime next week.

Back