Normal idle quality?

Kwattro

Registered
I'm new and have ZERO experience with these bikes so I'm not sure if this is a problem or not. I notice my bike has a very slight burble at idle, as in it's not being 100% smooth. The bike doesn't shake, or make noise, and the tach isn't jumping around or anything. Throttle response is astounding and it's dead smooth as I bring the revs up. Idle is at about 1100rpm, and the bike is a totally stock 2004 with 1070 miles. Am I being paranoid or should I just part it out before it grenades on me :) :rofl:

Sounds pretty normal to me. The way you describe it sounds very similar to mine. I have my idle set at 1000-1100. No problem yet.

Sounds normal for this bike, probably something to do with the cams. Make sure your idle is set properly. It needs to be within range for a number of reasons.

I thought it might have been an effect of the cams too, but it's best to check with the experts here. I imagine the cams are quite aggressive for the engine to perform as well as it does. Sacrificed idle quality for this kind of performance is a fine trade off by me. :thumbsup:

they all do it, its the long stroke of the crank and rods that cause it, most smaller bikes move very little...the stroke on a busa is much more, thus the reason we have 9800-10500 rpm and they have 14-16k rpm

Last edited:
Back