tranny problems

elmostro

Donating Member
Registered
went racing today and trasnmission started slipping, at high rpm will start to jerk in second gear up. is te clutch bad. tarnsmission will not pop out of gear.

went racing today and trasnmission started slipping, at high rpm will start to jerk in second gear up. is te clutch bad. tarnsmission will not pop out of gear.

Does it pop out of gear?
If it is just slipping that may be the clutch.
If it pops out of gear that could be the transmission.

I think you may just have a worn out clutch.
The clutch is easy to replace and you have to know if you race you are going to eat clutches faster than not.
Sometimes these things need to be babied, but they do put out the thrills.
Give us some more symptoms and we can help.

if my clutch need to be replaced, which one should i get? i
stock engine
36 nos shot
thanks

At about 50 mph shift into 3rd or 4th. Whack the throttle. If the rpms come up quick your clutches are toast. Replace with stock Suzuki fibers and steels.

When Tranny problems come up.

Here I come to save the day!

Super_Tranny.jpg

my transmission is messed up. how much money i my looking if i take the bike to the shop.

Would you take it out yourself and send it away?
There are parts in there still good and it can be rebuilt stronger.
There are DIY threads on here that explain it.

mike i did search couldn't find the diy, mr brown i'm doing some more test riding, will post results and more info later. thanks. i'm just getting ready for the worst :moon:

The engine has to be pulled and the lower case split off.
That is easy by the manual.
In conjunction with the manual, you can look here:

"The EDGE Products Australia." :: View topic - GSXR1300 Hayabusa

A most excellent description, and lets you know what you will be into.

If you do decide to do it,
1. Take lots of pictures of everything, step by step. Going back together it looks totally different and you can refer to your pics if confused.
2. Get a place where you can lay it all out in order, and that helps in re assembly.
3. Mark everything, and bag and mark what you can.

Let me know if it gets to the point where you will do it, and I can get you more info.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I know the clutch is different, but can i use a 2000 transmission on a 2003 busa?

You probably don't want to. You should have your trans undercut. Some guys here have already had it done! I'm going to get mine done next season. I too have trans problems it gives a hard jerk when the RPM are high in 1st and 2nd gear. All I do is shift into 3rd:laugh:! Bruh, don't let this get you down. Each year the bike has some faults that may have been corrected by the next newer model. There's a thread out there that listed the faults of each year model. But to me that's the fun thing about the bike it all can be fixed. I'm just finish with 24volt system and double fans on my 02. It feels lik an 08 :laugh:! After I get me trans recut I'm done I think!!!:cheerleader:

I know the clutch is different, but can i use a 2000 transmission on a 2003 busa?
You can, but why would you? You gotta split the cases to get the trans out, may as well have yours redone. I still say you need to post up more details about what your symptoms are, unless you just feel like wasting money.......

At about 50 mph shift into 3rd or 4th. Whack the throttle. If the rpms come up quick your clutches are toast. Replace with stock Suzuki fibers and steels.

rpm didn't come up quick, 3rd and 4th bike responded strong. is just 2nd gear acting up.

yeap, is like is slipping, i just removed the engine tried to split the casing and i couldn't do it the thing is sealed, glue together, i removed every bolt that i needed to remved and no luck. any hints, i didn't want to use a hammer but the thing wont get loose.

There is a bolt under the crankshaft balancer, did you get that one. Also there are a few on the top of the block. Dont ask me how I know.

Back