chain stretch

dell

Registered
I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction with this problem. I have a turbo bike and the chain has been replaced twice and has stretched again on me. Last time swing arm bearings were replaced as well as case around shifter(the chain cracked it). This work was done by a local dealer. I clean,lube, and make sure it is adjusted every time I clean the bike. Bike has less than 10000 miles on it, and last chain less than a 1000. Could bad cush drives cause this? I looked at them and noticed some wear, but am only novice at this stuff. Chain tracks straight and no broken or worn teeth on the sprockets. Any help or ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

That's probably normal for someone that rides aggressively and is making much pony.

Tell us about your ride style and show us your dyno sheet :whistle:

Are you sure that the sprocket(s) are in good shape ? This can help eat up a chain too.

I took off front sprocket cover and output shaft appears to be bent. When I roll the chain, the shaft does not look to be turning true. Thanks for help and insight.

I took off front sprocket cover and output shaft appears to be bent. When I roll the chain, the shaft does not look to be turning true. Thanks for help and insight.

Oh boy....well there's the culprit. :banghead:

I checked powerhouse motorcycles out of Long Island,NY and they have a billet output shaft for 365. I can't imagine it being cheap to install.

Checked powerhouse again, made a mistake, shaft is made from aircraft alloy steel. Hopefully that will do the trick. Thanks again.:bowdown:

Back