Major Help Needed

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
I will start off by saying that this is very crazy! So, I am getting excited for the Bash and was actually able to ride the bike into work on Wednesday. Everything was working great after I had some starting problems taken care of. For background, the starting problems were indicated by no sound (and no action) when the starter button was pressed. Replaced the starter relay and cleaned the connector for the starter button. No problems with that since.

As I said, rode to work on Wednesday and then rode home without incident. Shut the engine down and put her (Midnight) in the garage. Took her out Thursday morning to ride again and the engine cranked, but wouldn't turn over. All lights came on and no FI codes, so I thought perhaps the battery had been drained and hadn't had a chance to recharge the day before, so I put her back in the garage and connected up the battery charger.

Came home after work and still no joy. Motor cranks, but will not turn over and still no codes. Thought it may be a problem with the plugs and removed and replaced them. When I pulled them they were not wet (i.e. no fuel on them) Ran through a list of other things including checking the battery (bike off - 12.7V, bike on - 12.5V, start - 10.1V) and feeling that that was a little low when engaging the starter got a new battery. Checked voltage and resistance of the tip-over switch and starter relay and all was fine. Connected starter motor directly to battery and she turns right over. Reconnected starter motor lead wire and checked voltage at both ends - 12.4V (starter relay) and 10.1V (starter motor). Replaced starter motor lead wire and still won't turn over.

I have been all over the bike checking wires and sensors (CMP and CKP included)and have found nothing. Hoping a second set of eyes can help solve the problem and that its something simple. This is the bike I plan to bring to the Bash, so need help quickly. Thanks in advance.

Forgot to add that I have disconnected everything from the battery and the PCIII. No other performance mods.

Also, have a full tank of gas and kill switch is positioned correctly.

It is either spark or fuel.
I'd pull out the plugs and ground them to the outside of the block, crank it over and see if they are firing.
Try that and let us know.

It is either spark or fuel.
I'd pull out the plugs and ground them to the outside of the block, crank it over and see if they are firing.
Try that and let us know.

Actually now I think it's both. Since the bike runs with the starter motor connected directly to the battery I believe there are some safeties that are not being overcome. Checking kickstand switch today, but not sure what to check that would prevent fuel flow?

Oh no Ken...I hope you get it figured out...

Of course you DO have TWO Busas to choose from, so you should still make the Bash :whistle:

Actually now I think it's both. Since the bike runs with the starter motor connected directly to the battery I believe there are some safeties that are not being overcome. Checking kickstand switch today, but not sure what to check that would prevent fuel flow?
You check the tip over switch?

Oh no Ken...I hope you get it figured out...

Of course you DO have TWO Busas to choose from, so you should still make the Bash :whistle:

There are some things :whistle: being done to them right, so for the moment I only have 1.

You check the tip over switch?

Sure did and while at the low end of normal range it was good. Several times actually, but I did not pull it off the bike 'cause I couldn't figure out if it was as easy as pulling it off?

Just bring it to the bash, there will be several Busa mechanics there to choose from!

Here are the things that I find strange with this:
1) If the fuel pump cycles it isn't any of safeties, except possibly the clutch switch.
2) If it was the clutch switch, the engine wouldn't crank over.

Here are the things that I find strange with this:
1) If the fuel pump cycles it isn't any of safeties, except possibly the clutch switch.
2) If it was the clutch switch, the engine wouldn't crank over.

Now you see kind of why I'm baffled.

Back