Short Screwed....ugh!

Acehole

The crowbar!
Donating Member
Registered
WooHoo! I get to buy a new tire....Ugh!:poke:

screw_in.jpg

Screw_out.jpg

Hey Ace, I have had that issue before and I plugged it. Used the tire until I wore it out. I think as long as you vulcanize it correctly, it should be OK. Just lay off the burn outs! If you really feel uncomfortable with it, plug it and use it till you get to the Bash. Call up Wheelers and have a tire waiting for you there.

Last edited:
Hey Ace, I have had that issue before and I plugged it. Used the tire until I wore it out. I think as long as you vulcanize it correctly, it should be OK. Just lay off the burn outs! If you really feel uncomfortable with it, plug it and use it till you get to the Bash. Call up Wheelers and have a tire waiting for you there.

I was on the road and I plugged it. thank you Wal Mart. I'm going to take it to Iron Pony and see if they can do a patch/plug inside. Or just replace it and keep the old one as a spare. Geez now do i get a new front to match? :rofl:

What a drag...

Glad you found it before it became a real 'issue.'

:beerchug:

Tire looks fairly new, at least it wasn't brand new. Fix it and ride it :thumbsup:

Front tyres never get it; they stand it up for the rear :laugh:

What a waste of a perfectly good Avon Storm. When I picked up a nail in one of mine, I was able to ride it 30 miles on 0 air pressure to get to civilization. I hate losing tires to road debris.

What a waste of a perfectly good Avon Storm. When I picked up a nail in one of mine, I was able to ride it 30 miles on 0 air pressure to get to civilization. I hate losing tires to road debris.

I noticed that. (riding on 0 air pressure) After i plugged it, trying ever so hard to do it quick and save some air to get to a gas station. I check the air pressure with a gauge i had and it never moved. I threw the dang thing out in the parking lot. Rode the bike about a mile or two to get air and it never did feel mushy. I put a gauge on it at the gas station and it didn't register a pound either!:banghead: Filled it up and off i went back to find the gauge i threw out! :laugh:

Back