Engine burning problem

OUTLAW1300

Registered
Anyone ever had this problem? I started up my bike today, I smell something burning real bad, then white smoke comes pouring out from under my bike (right side). I killed the engine > checked oil > at full. Then when I started her back up, I notice that the oil went from the FULL mark to below the LOW mark, but it stopped smoking though.

Now im just scared to start her back up now caz it might be doing damage to the engine. Haven't really had time to diagnose the problem as it was getting too dark out. Whats wrong? Is the oil filter clogged up? :banghead:

Oh I just got done bleeding my clutch when this happened. IDk if that has anything to do with it.

Might have gotten something on the exhaust when bleeding the clutch, Im sure someone will have a better thought here ina little while

While the bike is running, the oil leaves the pan. The level will decrease.

If the bike was overfilled with oil, there could have been some contamination that needed to be burned off within the cylinders. If you crack open the air box and find oil, this is most likely the case.

The fact that your oil level dropped basically all the way is of concern. I personally cannot offer you any ideas with that. Being that I don't work on my own bike, I can only say that if it was me, I'd have my mechanic look at it.

Good luck, bro.

When I first got my 06 I overserviced the engine oil. I took it out for a ride and oil started venting out the right side of the bike. I came back with oil all over my right pant leg. I took the bike to the delaership and they told me that Busa's will do that when over serviced. I have never over serviced the oil after that, and consequently I have never had a problem after that. Although, the other day I started my bike before work. During warm up an aweful stench came out from under the cowlings... smelled like burning flesh (ever hit a rabbit?). Anyway, nothing was smoking so I figured that a mouse had crawled up inside my engine bay to keep warm overnight. Needless to say, I went ahead and rode the bike to work... smell was gone by the time I got to work... mouse was either cooked or had fallen/jumped out cause all is well now. :)

I gotta go with Demmyn, sounds like maybe you got some brake fluid on the pipe. as for loosing sight of your oil when the bike is running, dont worry about it, thats perfectly normal and means your oil pump is working and is doing its job of supplying the motor with oil.

Back