New Busa to me.......but....

seabeefester

Registered
Hello Everyone,

Just got some real quick questions for ya'll. I just picked up a 05 black and grey Busa for $3500 bucks. It had 461 miles on it when i got it. It was layed over on its left side but no real damage cosmetically. No scratch to the mirror or the can even. Just a little scratch on the left fairing. Now for the questions.

Why does the bike seem to be a little sluggish?
Actions taken so far...
1. Changed spark plugs.
2. Changed oil @ 600 miles
3. Had to Kreme the tank due to 1/4 tank of fuel and some rust in it.
4. Adjusted Idle because it was idleing low at around 800rpm.
5. Adjusted Choke, bike would not run unless choke was all the way engaged.
6. New battery.
7. Guys at shop had to clean massive rust off of fuel pump when they pulled it apart to clean it.
8. Ran some fuel injector cleaner with the gas through it a few times now.
9. Getting about 25 MPG which seems a bit low.

I figured it would pull alot more than it does because i am coming off a 05 Katana 750. Dont get me wrong it is faster but i dont think that its running at its full potential. As for me i am 240lbs at 5'9" and i dont think that my size will affect it that much, i know that it does, but i dont think thats the issue. For all intensive purposes the bike is new but it has just sat to damn long. It is all stock and i will post some pics when i can.

Any advice on how to get her to run how she should?

Thanks,

Jon from Gulfport, MS

I would have the fuel injectors tested...with all the rust in the system and the bike sitting for so long...your fuel system is probably shot :(

Hello Everyone,

Just got some real quick questions for ya'll. I just picked up a 05 black and grey Busa for $3500 bucks. It had 461 miles on it when i got it. It was layed over on its left side but no real damage cosmetically. No scratch to the mirror or the can even. Just a little scratch on the left fairing. Now for the questions.

Why does the bike seem to be a little sluggish?
Actions taken so far...
1. Changed spark plugs.
2. Changed oil @ 600 miles
3. Had to Kreme the tank due to 1/4 tank of fuel and some rust in it.
4. Adjusted Idle because it was idling low at around 800rpm. ***needs to be 1150 +- 100***
5. Adjusted Choke, bike would not run unless choke was all the way engaged. ***It's a fast idle...not a choke***
6. New battery.
7. Guys at shop had to clean massive rust off of fuel pump when they pulled it apart to clean it.
8. Ran some fuel injector cleaner with the gas through it a few times now.
9. Getting about 25 MPG which seems a bit low.***stock bike gets 40-50+mpg***

I figured it would pull alot more than it does because i am coming off a 05 Katana 750. Dont get me wrong it is faster but i dont think that its running at its full potential. As for me i am 240lbs at 5'9" and i dont think that my size will affect it that much, i know that it does, but i dont think thats the issue. For all intensive purposes the bike is new but it has just sat to damn long. It is all stock and i will post some pics when i can.

Any advice on how to get her to run how she should?

Thanks,

Jon from Gulfport, MS

***I edited #'s 4,5,9***

Is that something that i can do on my own or should i just spring for the new fuel injectors and just eliminate that as a problem?

I am guessing just spring for the new fuel injectors and rule that out...

Thanks for quick reply too.....damn that was fast...probably like your ride.

:bowdown:

Is that something that i can do on my own or should i just spring for the new fuel injectors and just eliminate that as a problem?

I am guessing just spring for the new fuel injectors and rule that out...

Thanks for quick reply too.....damn that was fast...probably like your ride.

:bowdown:

If you are mechanically inclined, yes you could do it...I would take off the throttle bodies, send out the injectors to be tested, cleaned, or replaced. Inspect and clean the complete fuel system...after a few months (2-3) gasoline starts to break down...it can turn to a jelly like substance. Also condensation (water) builds up in the tank, causing the rust...a bike that has sat for this long can take a lot of work to get back into shape.

As far as the bike being under water, that is a big NO. I has just sat for a really long time. I am thinking a bottle of fuel system cleaner every tank to help break up anything that is in the system until i get the funds together to either get the injectors sent off or buy new ones

Last edited:
Back