lazyness at 2000-4000 rpm and won't go over 7k

frogui

Registered
I have a 99 busa which is currently boggin real bad no matter the throttle position between 2k and 4k . which means I'm somewaht of a sitting duck for the cars right after the light turns red and I don't want to launch too hard every single time. Also after the bike hesitates and reaches 4k then its normal busa madness until 7k then it seems to hit a rev limiter or something. I haven't found out if it does it in every gear since I don't want to kill myself, but at least 1st and 2nd.
Specs: 16 tooth front, PCII, BMC Filter, Single Yosh RS3.

Important details. The bike had very little hesitation not stall at about 3500 when I got three months ago so I changed PC maps and got better but off throttle backfired/backfires a lot. So I think it's running too rich. more important big hesitation started after I low sided, bike did not turn off so I think something's up with the tip over switch. After low side I was pretty angry and turned off the bike restarted no problem and lewft for home noticing some boggin ing low rpm. a week later slipped and fell at the toll booth, (they are very, very slippery) no plastics no damage, bike again did not turn off so as soon as it went down I hit the kill switch. Then I got ticketed for $500. Afterwards, as I was mad for the ticketed a tha car in front of the SUV in front of me hit the breaks for no reason. I was looking to the side to get an escape route jjust in case something happened and when I looked up the Suv hit the brakes hard, full abs. So there I was just planning and it happened no time I locked my front wheel rear ended her, busted the headilght down goes the bike, i hit the kill switch as I was jumping off/trying not to get hit by a passing car.
So now I mellow out since I barely touched the ground or face planted a carand it just occurred to me I was just glad to be alive and have a bike. Nothing borken or scratched on myself or the SUV, the bike looked awful. I pick her up by myself Start her up no problem and pulled over. The lady explained what happend and saw me in the rearview she even wanted to help pay for the headlight. I told her it was my fault and was just happy to be walking, we exchanged numbers and off she goes. Then I start the bike again and try to go home. The bike is really stalling now. Would barely mve then almost die in 1st gear. So I had to get hoe about 8 or 10 miles with traffic lights in fourth, even from standstill. This kept her from suddenly killing power.

Anybody have an idea what could be wrong? Apart from my bad, selfish, unsafe riding at the time? The bike is stalling, plastics are back on, polished the frame and got frame sliders. When I put the bike together I started her no problem. went around the block bogging down. Turned her off. disconnected the battery. restarted and turned off about three times. Ran much better. changed PCII map ran better, changed map again to the nothing map. ran somewhat better. any help

Check you fuel pump screens and your fuel injection screens. I replaced my '99 pump with a y2k fuel pump because of stalling/poor running. do a search on the fuel pump.

Back