PLEASE HELP!!!! Busa Won't Fire Up

Statechamp369

Registered
I have an 05 busa that i just installed an airshifter on. I put the compression tank under the gas tank. i started the bike just to make sure everything was still working and when i put the gas tank down something shorted out and the bike cut off. I had to replace the ignition fuse and now when i try to crank the bike it just turns over and over and wont fire up. Any suggestions????

Yes may be your kill sw. turn the bike off and back on then try it. Check all your fuses.

If the kill switch isn't on then the bike won't even turn over at all. When you say kill switch are you talking about the ignition switch right by the front brake.

This ........

2007 (17).JPG

Well the only other thing i can think of is make sure the battery didnt take a crap when you shorted the fuse, besides that I can't help ... good luck I'm sure some will be here tomorrow to help out! :beerchug:

Is the Bike turning over like it always has, or is it struggling to turn over.

If its struggling, it may be the battery.

If not, go back and check the rest of your fuses. May have blown more than just the ignition fuse.

Ive checked all fuses and the bike turns over like it always has. I'm jumping it off at the same time bc i don't want the battery to die.

Just trying to narrow it down for when the real Guru"s show up.

When you turn on the key and turn the kill switch on does the Fuel pump kick on.

Did you see what it hit when you lowered the tank?
Check all the fuses and if they are all good, lift the tank up and see if it will start.
You are pinching something with that tank and what you added.

Did you see what it hit when you lowered the tank?
Check all the fuses and if they are all good, lift the tank up and see if it will start.
You are pinching something with that tank and what you added.

Quite possibly his fuel line is being pinched. Just my .02

Good News!!! My battery was a little weak and that what was causing the issues. Thanks for all you guys input.

Funny how those battery issues always show up just after you do a mod. Never a problem until you install a new toy, Then Wham. Let me go out now so he doesnt think its me.

Back