need help - xenon problems - gauge problems

cronus

Registered
hi guys, i need a little hepl. a have a few friends with busas and they are having problems with xenon kit's that are mounted on their busas. the guages simply black out. the speedometer and the rpm clock don't work anymore. they do the check up, going up and down and when they start thes bikes, they don't work. does anybody have a electronic schematic of the dashboard so that a electronic tecnician can find what happened and solve it?
it seems that all the old busa owners from 99 to 03 have problems with the xenon kits. the funny part is that mine is a 00 busa imported from england and i have a xenon kit and it work's absolutly fine...

best regards from portugal

Hi... :welcome:

First thing.. were their light working before the HID was installed? If so...then it's more than likely the ballast. They may have it mounted too close to the gauges. Have them mount them as far away as possible. I have an 01 busa. I only have the low beam HID (no real need for high beam) I have my ballast mounted in the nose right next to where the bulb goes. I have no problem with my gauges at all. Have them take the nose off and have someone else hold the ballast as far away from the gauges as possible. Then see if the gauges work... if so then there is your problem. Hope this helps!:thumbsup:

Back