fork damage?

BanditKing

Registered
Hit a good size rut caused by frost heave while travelling about 70 kmph (about 45 mph), hard enough to bottom out the forks with a thunk and get bounced off my seat a few inches.

Should I be worried about damage to the forks? Things I should look out for, or can the forks take this kind of punishment?

Make sure nothing is leaking and everything looks straight and you should be ok but keep checking just incase :beerchug: but i still would have a pro check it out if it was real hard.

If it not leaking, and steers and rides ok, just ride it.
You probably didn't do any damage, and if so, you can check when you do a fork seal change.

The only thing you can have someone assess is whether ther is fluid draining down from the fork stancion. Keep a watchful eye on it when parked in the garage or after a ride. You may have gotten extremely lucky,,, orrrrr like the others say,, it may be damaged. The only way to tell is to compress with your weight,, if there is nothing there and it falls like a rock,, time to rebuild. If if leaks,, time to rebuild. if you are totally unsure and need that peace of mind we all need riding these machines,,, it is time to rebuild!

The suspension on your Busa is basic to poor,, because that is all Suzuki had to do for them to get them into production. The re-valving of your suspension WILL BE the best mod you will have ever done once all is said and done. Bar none!

Back