"clicking" in transmission during deceleration- 07 busa

busaboyk7

Registered
I jumped on the bike last week, took it out for a little spin, and I noticed a "clicking" sound coming from what seems to be the transmission during deceleration. I can feel it coasting down from about 35 mph or so, and I can actually feel whatever is causing the noise between my ankles. I took it back home, noticed that the left side chain adjuster lock nut had backed off probably 4 or 5 turns, probably due to the vibes. So, took the rear wheel off, checked sprockets and chain for tightness and wear, everything ok. put everything back together this evening and fired it up on the stand, ran it through the gears, and the noise is still there. This is the first time I have noticed it, I don't recall it doing this when I put it up last year.

Any ideas?

Bike has 5600 miles on it, and has always been adult riden, although I have been guilty of a mad max every so often..

thanks

Take a look at your front sprocket nut behind your cover just to be sure seen it come loose before.

I took the cover off, too. everything was tight. How common is it to have tranny probs @ less than 6000 miles?

thanks kt...

If the chain and sprocket's are good it could be in the tran's.Mine was jumping out of 2nd. gear when I got with 8k on it.I hope it's not the tran's.If the chain is loose it will make noise like you are describing.

Back