08 busa Bad viration

gilmore

Registered
Just bought a new busa but having vibration through the footpegs and handlebars anyone else had the same thing ?

You're going to have some vibration. Is it all the time at a certain RPM range, real bad, etc. If you just got it take it back. There may be a problem with it.

they do have a high freq vibration the gen 1 does not have. Not that bad but noticeable.
75mph in 6th.

turn off your "adult" toys before you go riding next time and remember to take them out of your pocket! ! !
LOL
:laugh:
good luck hope its not serious

What did you used to ride? The busa has more buzz around 5k rpm's than my Honda

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/N...s-from-the-new-Suzuki-Hayabusa/?&R=EPI-101077

Something that Suzuki engineers either didn't notice or care to quell was a bothersome buzz from the engine. Kevin remarked vibration was noticeable at roughly 4500 rpm, but "becomes obnoxious just a few hundred revs later, unfortunately right around the 80-mph cruising speed on California highways." Not a good thing with all the freeway time these things are capable of.

Last edited:
they do have a high freq vibration the gen 1 does not have. Not that bad but noticeable.
75mph in 6th.

I had it on my Gen-I 01 & 03 BUSA's but don't have anything of the sort on my Gen-II 08. The Gen-II purrs like a kitten. I'd take it back and get it checked out...

I had it on my Gen-I 01 & 03 BUSA's but don't have anything of the sort on my Gen-II 08. The Gen-II purrs like a kitten. I'd take it back and get it checked out...

You should repeat that LSR thread here. 182+ as big as you are speaks volumes about the Gen II

Thanks! If I get some time tonight, I'll start a thread... :beerchug:

Wish we could talk them into making a *Member Project Bike Section* over here... ;)

So does anyone know of a resolution or fix for the 4500 RPM vibration issue?

I took my 09 into the steeler for my 1st service and asked to have the vibration checked out and they just stated all inline 4's have the vibration issue.

I let them know I didn't think that was the reason, because I know my Honda CBR1100XX never had a vibration like this at any speed.

SO there has got to be a fix out there.

So does anyone know of a resolution or fix for the 4500 RPM vibration issue?

I took my 09 into the steeler for my 1st service and asked to have the vibration checked out and they just stated all inline 4's have the vibration issue.

I let them know I didn't think that was the reason, because I know my Honda CBR1100XX never had a vibration like this at any speed.

SO there has got to be a fix out there.

I have a CBR1100XX also and it's one of the smoothest bikes around.

Sorry bro, going to have to deal with the 5k buzz, your running with more cc's and hp's. You could change out your grips.

Back