FI Light on after maintenance

StSimone

Registered
So gave the Busa her spring cleaning this weekend in honor of the weather. Did the oil, coolant and plugs. Problem is, after buttoning her up again, cranked up no problem, but the FI light is now on. And when revving hard, engine lags for a second before catching and running up. Bike maintains Revs no problem and is idlying fine, but haven't taken it on the road yet.

I checked the gap on the plugs when putting them in, and they were .02 larger than the old ones, but didn't think this was outrageous so didn't change it.

Any thoughts on if this is due to the new plugs, or maybe I connected something wrong when re-attaching the air cleaner? Will I be risking damage if I try to ride the problem out?

make sure that the vacuum line is plugged in under the air box and that the connector to the air temp sensor is as well (in bottom of airbox)

(you can also pull the code to see what it is complaining about , just search FI Codes on how to do it)

Yup, it was one of the electrical plugs on the box I missed on reassembly. Runs fantastic now, feels faster than before. Plenty of power to haul a very impressed, cute little thing around on the back. Gotta love New Mexico spring weather.

Back