fuel pump problem help!!!!

gfrm319

Registered
alright i got a problem i got a 2005 busa, and found some body work painted up real nice so i purchased them. My problem is the tank i got was from a 1999, and the fuel pump that i have from my 2005 is too big for the whole in the bottom of the tank, was wondering what i could do to make my bike run?? i want to use the 99 tank because it matches the paint scheme, what can i do tofix this? P.S. my bike is fuel injected.

you have to get an external fuel pump. and mounting bracket. new pumps are about 400

:welcome:

where can i get one? and do i need a pressure regulator? if so what psi do i run? and where do i get the cover to cover the bottom of the tank?

Welcome!

:welcome:

You might be better off to paint your original tank to match.
That would be cheaper and less trouble.

this is the bottom of mine (mine has a bit of overspray:laugh:). So your fuel outlet is gone?

2880454998_d3e1befb85.jpg

You will need a new pump, and a regulator. Some basic wiring skills, also you will need to set the pressure to 43PSI!

at the bottom of page click on manage attachments and either browse from your pc or copy and paste link in option two.

okay I see your delimma:laugh: That is sweet man. Is that duct tape holding the left can up?

I think it looks sweet.. :thumbsup:

As stated above I would go with a aftermarket pump, Has to be cheaper than stock setup would be.. Or trade some one your late model tank and pump for there early model pump and all the hrdwre from the bottom of there tank.. :whistle:

Back