Loud Creaking sound coming from under tank.

ThatsMrGimp2U

Registered
Whenever i accelerate hard, i hear a creaking sound under the tank, sounds like hard plastic being stretched (hard to describe i guess). I get the same sound when i brake hard or go over bumps. Any ideas of what exactly it might be? I have an 03 with around 30k on it.

I have an '03 as well and I hear that once in a while. I've never been able to track it down but it hasn't caused me any issues.

Yet.

If I find it, though, I'll let you know.

--Wag--

Never know. I just turn my iPod up, like SilverSurfer sez.

--Wag--

Read another post making me think it might be the brake line rubbing on something. Played with it this morning, ill let you know if that was it.

I wouldnt really mind too much if thats what it was, i want a black one anyway, but going through all that work, if it didnt fix it, id have to kill something.

I suspect it's where the swingarm connects to the frame. I wouldn't have the first clue how to lube it, though.

--Wag--

My shop put one of my frame sliders in, but didnt use a spacer inside or outside it, could it be the bolt rubbing on something?

That could be it. One tends to think that the new part is fine and that the old parts are at fault.

If a fault occurs after you installed something new first check the new part.

I have learned the hard way!???

Keep Well

mine did that and it was the 2 tiny little pieces of rubber that are glued to the bottom of the tank plastic pieces, allowing the plastic to rub on the top of the frame

100_0953.jpg

Well i took the frame slider out in question and it still did it. The grommet that holds the right rear dash panel to the frame was tore, thought that might have been it, nope. Took the nose off and wire managed the hell out of the stuff in there, worthless (aside from me finally getting rid of the windshield rattle). I just lifted the tank and noticed that the choke cable was pinched between the air box and the frame, i doubt that was it but ill find out tomorrow. It almost seems like it wont make the noise when the bike is very cold, but after im on the road for 30 sec's or so it pops up. So aggravating. Its starting to sound more and more like its coming from the head of the frame.

Back