Brakes

high-abuser

Registered
Hi all,

I am the current owner of a 2003 Kawasaki ZZR1200 after coming off my
'98' Kawasaki ZX6R a couple of years ago.

I have always had a fascination though for the Hayabusa !
Thing is though, they have always frightened me a little...whether
it's a reputation thing or not I'm not sure.

I am not saying I wouldn't have one though. I have spoke to someone who bought one after owning the ZZR1200 and is now selling it as it scared her!
She said the brakes were not really there when applied and then all of a
sudden, they were.

Are they really that bad that you haven't got control over them fully
and that they're either 'on' or 'off' ???

:please: :please: :please: :please: :please: :please: :please: :please:

Comments please

P.S. I am on about the previous model to the new shape that are out now.

I never have had any brake issues other than the GEN I not having stainless lines.
I have since upgraded to stainless lines and ABM front rotors and Carbon Larraine pads.

The stock brakes are ok, but if you upgrade to better pads and stainless lines, you eliminate any fade from line expansion. I have the EBC HH pads on mine with Galfer lines, she will stop on a dime, found that out trying to keep from hitting a deer. Seriously, it does not take much to make the braking system dramatically better than oem.

Welcome to the oRg! :cheerleader:

I am with blue... the brakes on the busa IMO are just fine for even the most spirited street riding.. some complain about being a bit soggy, well change the lines and if you want a slightly more aggressive feel go to the HH pad..

IMO you make a bike with race quality brakes such as the Buell with perimeter brakes, you end up throwing the average street rider to the ground in a panic brake situation..

YOU CAN lock the front brakes on the busa if you get over anxious... do not worry about the lack of brakes...

The brakes are fine and you can easily upgrade them if you want to :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, Its just that I am confident with the brakes on mine and didn't want to get a BUSA next and be locking the front end up or going over the handlebars after only lightly feathering the levers. I was just hoping there was some feel to them rather than just coming on hard

:thumbsup::bowdown::thumbsup::bowdown::thumbsup:

Back