need help fork bolt stuck

deeman

Registered
need help / w removing the bolt out of the bottom to the fork, it's just spinning. tried to put air on the bottom but bolt keep turning.

made all the repairs 2 the seal but can't get the bolt to tighten!!!!!!

I think you push the cartridge over to one side and tighten the bolt while holding the cartridge.
You should use loctite and tighten to 29 foot pounds.

Welcome!

:welcome:

will try that when i get it back to house!!!!!!!!!!

Thank I hope this works!!!:please:

Last edited:
Do like Mike said..
Get ur hand or somethin in there and push that cartridge over to one side while you turn that bolt. Keep playing with it til you "feel" it....i know, its vague, but I had hell trying to do it the frist time and once I got really mad at it and pushed that cartridge over it was like MAGIC!

You can do it.

Thanks guys for the quick reply, I pushed the cartridge but it do any thing. What i did was i went to home depot, got a 1 1/2 " pvc pipe cut it to about 3 feet long, stuck the pipe into the cartrige side, turn the fork over where the cartrige bolt would face me, put pressure on the fork ( which has the PVC in the Cartrige side) leaned on the fork while turning the bolt, and presto it out. :beerchug:

Put the fork back out ride's like a champ!!!! This was my first time doing seals ( I did both)
why not??

I just want to thank everyone for helping me!!!!!!

If I did read this site I would have taken the bike to the shop a lot about 5 or 6 hundred Dollars.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheerleader:

P.S NOW I have a F1 code issuse can anyone help with this!!!!

Congratulations!
It always feels good to get a job like that done and know it was done right.
Even at $500 the dealer has a tendancy to never do it as good as the owner.

IMO

Back