Spedo twitching

helofltmech

Registered
Got a question for you mechs out there. I just started to get a twitch in my speedometer a couple days ago. At 20, 30, and sometimes 40 mph it twitches once or twice then seems to work normal. ???

Does or has anyone ever had this happen? If so, what was the problem and what did it take to fix it.

It's a 2007.

Thanks for any help.

Rob

I would say it's a ground problem. Maybe your speed sensor, but I would clean connections (ground, plug behind the guages, speed sensor, etc...)

It happens to mine every so often, usually once or twice when I first crank it up but then doens't happen for the rest of the day.

Let us know if you find anything.

Mine has done it since i bought the bike!
It a Busa gremlin that you may never find, i've replace the speed sensor, tested all wiring. And still does it now and again. More so when its really cold out.
One thing to check for sure, is make sure the speed sensor is clean! It does have a magnet, and does attract a lot of grease from the chain!

Mine has done it since i bought the bike!
It a Busa gremlin that you may never find, i've replace the speed sensor, tested all wiring. And still does it now and again. More so when its really cold out.
One thing to check for sure, is make sure the speed sensor is clean! It does have a magnet, and does attract a lot of grease from the chain!

John, the bike has a twitch just like you.... :poke:

on mine it was in the connection under the fairing going back to the sensor, ground wire inside it, had to redo the connector, not a problem to fix.

it could also be the stepping motor that drives the speedo. not hard to fix, but hard to test

it could also be the stepping motor that drives the speedo. not hard to fix, but hard to test

I would put money on the ground before the stepping motor, however, it is a possiblity that can be elminated if the twitching bothers him...

It means it isn't dead yet. Shoot it a couple more times!

:D :D

--Wag--

Back