clutch problem ? please help

davidl9953

Registered
i have noticed that if i am riding in 2nd or 3rd (those just happen to be the gears i can remember so far) if i am accelerating and then punch it, the rpm's will rev up for about a second or so, as if it is slipping, then it will take off..... it feels as if i was riding the clutch but my hand isn't on it. it does it every once in a while, i have counted at least 10 times or so.........any help will be appreciated, thanks !

I've had four 'busas which have all been near or over 20k miles and have never experienced anything like that, bro.

I have nothing to offer except good wishes for someting really easy and inexpensive to adjust/repair.

:beerchug:

man i was wondering the same thing about the tire, but i can't look back at the same time...lol..... i have been trying to figure it out though... i am not 100% sure it's not the tire, but i really dont think it is... i talked to a highly respected mechanic and he said if it only does it in 2nd and 3rd then it's not the clutch, makes sence because then it would do it in any gear..... i really just want to buy a new tranny, but not for the full price:(

agreed....if it was dedicated to the clutch, you'd notice slippage in every gear. in cooler weather the rear tire is more apt to spin slightly without even knowing it. during the winter months, the ground temp., even in texas, cools and tires take longer to get to temp., so that may indeed be your problem. in any case, any slippage on a surface street can be dangerous, BE CAREFUL

i have the same problem but it started just in 3rd gear. figured it was the transmission but just yesterday it did it in 6th gear. was thinking clutch but just read a post about engine oil and it affecting slipping. makes since i just switched to amsoil? change oil?

Back