Crazy ride. Clutch problem in a hurry!

Corso1

Registered
All-

I took the bike out yesterday for a little Xmas ride. It doesn't get in the fifties much here in Ohio during December. So..I start the bike up, ride down the road a bit, and then get stopped by a light.
When I leave the light, no feel at all in the clutch lever, as soon as I began to release the bike bolted out and to keep her from stalling I had to give her hell. It shifted fine under power, but the handle feels incredibly soft, and there is no play to be had. By the time I got her home, she would barely shift at all, so I think somehow I lost my hydraulics to the clutch. Sucks cause the weather has been decent, but I guess I would rather have it happen now than spring. The bike has sat for about four weeks cause of the winter, so whatever has happened it did it whilst sitting. I will tear into it soon. All I could do yesterday was pop a beer and stare at it.

Damn gremlins.

-Corso

Did you by chance change the levers since the last time you rode the busa?

No Sir.

In fact....EPC and I tore it down on New Year's day. Found absolutely no problems. We bled the clutch slave, and she feels fine. I put another 40+ miles on it with no issue. I have never had a slave take air just from sitting a couple weeks, but there were no leaks, no damage, and no other explanation that we could find on a quick look. Maybe she was just upset since I have been toying with my truck this winter instead of her.???

I'll see if it happens again, then I'll have to dive deeper.

You might have some moisture in the clutch fluid witch can cause this to happen. I would completely change the fluid, and the problem should be gone!
Also how many miles are on the bike, and what year?

She is an 04 with right around 8k I think. It is probably time for a fluid change.

I'll make that part of the spring tuning.

Back