WANT TO ENHANCE PERFORMANCE..

BigDawg_03Busa

Registered
I've got my baby looking really good and now I'm looking to improve performance a little (HP/TQ) as I'm looking to start some track work.  Curious to know if you guys/gals can suggest some mods I can start making that won't break my bank account.

Thanks,
BigDawg

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081178877 -->

spend time tweaking your suspension and looking at what weight could be lost. These things cost only as much as you want, can easily be done free

lowering & gearing will drop your track(drag) time a couple tenths for less than $100

$40 dog bones
$20 strap
$30 front sprocket

rock.gif

the previous weren't necessarily hp/tq adders but they will improve your times...

oh yeah aftermarket airfilter

$60 K&N
$80 BMC race

Are you saying drag strip or closed track? Either way the trick is HP to weight ratio. On a track the lower weight helps in braking too. We have no shortage of HP and torque, so lowering weight will help your performance right now. I would focus on "unsprung" weight like all parts on the wheels and swingarms first. I presume you have already changed out your exhaust? You can easily save 20+ lbs right there ($800). Wave rotors on the front wheel saves 2 lbs of rotating mass ($500). And for drag racing, you could run one rotor and save another 7 pounds if you also remove the extra caliper.

My secret trick was to lose 30 pounds off me ($0).:D

Good luck.

BigDawg,

Changing the front sprocket to a 16T would give you more low-end torque (at the expense of top-speed). At ~$20, it's a fairly inexpensive mod.

--Juggler

Easy one I tried.... Lose some weight, go on a diet..
laugh.gif
Pretty sure Dawg don't have a weight problem.......damn sure he's not gonna wanna shed 50 lbs of muscle to gain a tenth!!!
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

Drop to 16 in the front if ya don't mind losin a couple mph up top.
Don't bother with a strap if yer gonna lower it.....get the triple, and some bones for the rear.
Good used pipes can be had all over for 6 to 700 US....then a PC3R......kill yer pair.....drop in a BMC, have it mapped by someone respectable, and way ya go.....a 170 hp (give er take) Busa that will be a little better on the strip!!

Good luck Dawg!!
thumbs-up.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif
Pretty sure Dawg don't have a weight problem.......damn sure he's not gonna wanna shed 50 lbs of muscle to gain a tenth!!!
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Don't bother with a strap if yer gonna lower it.....get the triple, and some bones for the rear.
Good used pipes can be had all over for 6 to 700 US....then a PC3R......kill yer pair.....drop in a BMC, have it mapped by someone respectable, and way ya go.....a 170 hp (give er take) Busa that will be a little better on the strip!!

Good luck Dawg!!
thumbs-up.gif
LOL actually I could lose a couple (hmhmhm well a little more than a couple
tounge.gif

Thanks for the input MSF.

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

FULL EXHAUST/PC/DYNO IT MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE TO ME

<!--EDIT|ROCKBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082757284 -->

laugh.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Good luck Dawg!!
thumbs-up.gif
You beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing.

Other simple HP things. Get a BMC air filter that will open up the air a little 1-2 hp.

tounge.gif

laugh.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Good luck Dawg!!
thumbs-up.gif
tounge.gif

What!!! You mean that picture has been Photoshopped??  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082760035 -->

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Good luck Dawg!!
thumbs-up.gif
tounge.gif

What!!! You mean that picture has been Photoshopped??  
biggrin.gif
Yeah....wtf.....you mean those bulges comin out yer shirt everywhere are fake......

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Thanks for the input guys. And for Ninja Eater & MSF the
biceps are all the way real. No photoshop on the body, only on the
banners LOL.

What about a TRE? I ran against and R1 and it was still entirely too close...I was giving her all she had Jim! Where can I get more inexpensively? I've got the air box mod, air filter, down to 16T in front, full akrapovic exhaust, power commander, she's stretched about 6-7", I only way about 195....what am I missing?

DSCN0408.jpg

Back