Sidewinder pipe and oil cooler

ozzie9

Registered
I am going to purchase a sidewinder for my 04 and have heard that Dennis Murray out of Oregon makes the most HP, however you have to remove the oil cooler to use his pipe.

Anyone out there have experience with a Murray pipe?

What will no oil cooler do to engine temps when street riding?

I will also be dropping in a 1397 kit with Carpenter headwork.

Murray makes a very good sidewinder and you can't be the price. Personally I just didn't like the overall length/look of em so I went with Tsukigi. Removing the oil cooler isn't an issue. Almost all of the turbo follks have theirsa removed and their setup is alot more work for the oil system as is and they don't have any problems.

You have to options available, you can either do the oil cooler bypass or the block off. I personaly prefer the bypass but the block off works just as well.

PA115377.jpg

Thanks for the input..........I noticed you have listed Carpenter racing, what did you have them do and how is it working. Also I see swingarm extensions, how do they work at the strip. I was concerned with their strength. What have you put in place of your tank?

oil coolers on bikes starts a pretty good debate normally... in the testing (real tests) not much difference can be seen if any... but it looks good on the "accessories" list.. for drag racing? probably about useless...

I recommend Bob Carpenter to every one. All of the heads I've had done were by Bob. All of the valve springs and seats have always been by Bob. Honestly, you can't go wrong with anything that Carpenter makes/builds.

As for the extensions, they work fine. Hell if the turbo guys can use them safely then I really don't ever even think about them breaking or anything else.

I have a 1.5gallon fuel cell instead of my stock tank.

Thanks for the input..........I noticed you have listed Carpenter racing, what did you have them do and how is it working. Also I see swingarm extensions, how do they work at the strip. I was concerned with their strength. What have you put in place of your tank?

Back