Triple tree/clip on mod

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok home from bash and got all my parts for the Tripletree/Clipon change over.. I will document the work needed when I tear this apart over the next week or so...

total cost was under $500

Cycle Cat top clamp $99

DSC_0008.JPG

Gilles Variobar Clip-ons with 100mm risers (this eliminates the need to lower the bike and screwing up the handling of the bike) $305

DSCN3873.JPG

DSCN3874.JPG

Very nice, cant wait to see it finished. That will be my next mod, I was considering the cycle cat triple tree also, can't beat 100 bucks!

Where does this put the bars vs. stock location with the 100mm riser? It's definately gonna look cool.

I got the VarioBar (50mm) kit off the Bay for $165 and the risers for $140 from Ryders Connection (board sponsor)

I will have a better idea of range of adjustment when I get these on.. (maybe this weekend if the weather is cold)

So what happened? You got pics Mr. B
sure thing... I made one mistake on this upgrade... I used the 100MM risers.. I should have used the 80MM riser so that they could sit flush up against the top triple tree..

The adjustable limits of the system is really nice.. you can set the bar height, angle front to rear and relative to the ground (virtually put the bars anywhere you want barring contact with inner panels and stretching of any cables)

you can rotate mount around shock tube
DSC_0017.JPG

This is really hard to photograph as everything is black or hidden

Grip can be adjusted from pointing bar end at ground to parallel to ground
DSC_0022.JPG

Here you can roll the bars front to rear (towards or away from you)
DSC_0012-1.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0022-1.JPG

Last edited:
Where did you get the Gilles Variobars with risers for $305?
ebay for the variobars and I got the risers from Jester (org sponsor)for $125 and the balance went to Ebay for the 50MM variobar set.. The CycleCat tree came from org sponsor oncycles.com for $99, Rizoma Grips and ends were $195 from Pj's

Back