I did it, Mud Flap mod

Wallie

Registered
After thinking and thinking I finally did it. A wasn't sure if it was going to come out all right but I thing I did a good job for the first time.:thumbsup: I used an old license plate I had around the house and used it as my attachment to the plate and the signal lights. Is a good thing that my wife had a dremel that she used to work on her clients nails.:laugh: The dremel was sweet.:thumbsup:

100_0457.jpg

100_0458.jpg

100_0459.jpg

this afternoon I was reading a thread I don't remember witch one it was and they were talking about the side plate and I think somebody said they are illegal in Ohio I'm not 100 % on that but check. When I did the first cut I was okay here we go if I screw it there is not turning back but it came out fine.

Looks good! But you might want to flip the bracket that holds the plate on upside down. I used the origional bracket you see in the pics. Fl is coming out with a new law about plates having yours tilted up might bring you unwanted attention by a officer on a bad day. 1k first offense,2.5k & 1yr no license 2nd,and 5k & 10yr no license. Officer Discretion(how he perceives the law). It's unknown how hard they gonna hit peeps. Hate to get pulled over for speeding or improper lane change only to get a tag fine to boot.

080317_062749.jpg

Rear with Clear tail light & Led's.jpg

last picture . i had to cover the plate up to post it in a local forum .

clear alternatives install

BikePics.com

that's not me in the pic ....

aint perfect ... have to use the saw and file ... in singapore there's no garage , no power source to use a good tool

Last edited:
:laugh::laugh:this is just a sketch of the bracket I did..

Wow, that's a pretty technical schematic for just a license plate holder.:thumbsup:
I just took a scrap piece of .080" sheet aluminum, a few cuts and a little bend here, a little filing there, drilled a couple holes and presto, very sturdy too, put a backing plate inside the hump for the hardware (bolts).

tail2.jpg

Last edited:
Back