Finally spent an hour on the bike..

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Finally broke down and got busy on bike.. Gilles and Woodcraft finally installed... took about 45 minutes to do the work and 3 months to get motivated... Probably leave bike on rack until tires come in Thursday :)
DSC_0051.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

Its about time that you put that cover on! :poke:
I could not find my stator cover pry bar and hammer.. beating that thing back on took a long time.. finally just left all stuff out of the thing and saved some weight too... no wires, or big shiny copper thing must have saved me a pound or two huh?

whats the purpose of the new chain adjuster? just for looks or is there something that im missing?

a properly adjusted chain is a properly adjusted chain..

But here is the reason "I" want this unit..

After you determine "aligned" front tire to rear tire adjusting the chain with the stock setup is a pain in the azz... loosen axle bolt, loosen lock nuts, 3 flats here, 3 flats there.. (if you go to far, bash wheel forward with BFH) tighten lock nuts, tighten axle bolt...

with this unit, you can grab your hex drive ratchet and go full turns/half turns etc.. ALSO.. adjustment is both slack and tight due to the fact that the axle is retained "by" the adjuster and not just being held against a single stop like the stocker.. So regardless which way you are turning the adjuster, the axle moves.. you now have + and - adjust ability..

They both do the same thing but this one just makes life about 100x easier.

Glad you got that work done Mr B...I love the Woodcraft stator...passed 'em up for a long time, but now that I have one, I have no regrets...

After you determine "aligned" front tire to rear tire adjusting the chain with the stock setup is a pain in the azz... loosen axle bolt, loosen lock nuts, 3 flats here, 3 flats there.. (if you go to far, bash wheel forward with BFH) tighten lock nuts, tighten axle bolt...

with this unit, you can grab your hex drive ratchet and go full turns/half turns etc.. ALSO.. adjustment is both slack and tight due to the fact that the axle is retained "by" the adjuster and not just being held against a single stop like the stocker.. So regardless which way you are turning the adjuster, the axle moves.. you now have + and - adjust ability..

+1

cheers
ken

ok thanks!

Beautiful adjusters,however I never had a problem adjusting the chain using a cheap Sears ruler.

I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one . . . oh wait, now that you have your stuff done, I am the only one who still has about 5 things to do before the bash. Looks good!

Back