Laser Interceptor Installed On Busa 56k warning!

Darkflame

Registered
Hey guys, sorry i've been awol for a while. LOL got stuck up with family and personal problems. All is back on track now. Came back to the board my account was hosed due to an error on my part. Thankfully the mods and admin came to the rescue!...I'm back!! Wooo!!!!!

Ok......I present to you.......My laser interceptor install.

Hope you guys like it!

I was planning on doing this install on a later date but after a ride around the island we got soaked and I got sprayed by two semis passing me while I was stuck in traffic. LOL I figured call it a day and put in a new toy.

I was originally planning to install it this weekend when I had more friends over but what was a beautiful day for riding quickly turned into small stormy weather..

Seeing that I was grounded for a short time I decided to invite my brother and my friend over for a few drinks and some chat.

My brother has the mechanical skills I needed to get into the guts of the bike. I've pretty much got the electrical skills in the family and my friend......well his only skill is looking cool while we do all the work. LOL

2583475880_14086ea7ae_o.jpg

Basically this is the bike we're working with. She only looks this good cause she had a good bath and wax job :D

The bike you see in the follow photos is what you get after a hard ride around the island in the rain and getting splashed by two semi's blowing by you at a stop light. >:(

2786955185_62fe1d2f18_b.jpg

This is my brother removing the tail section of the bike. He's gonna be working on the mounting of the rear unit.

2787811372_595c3b357a_b.jpg

Truespeed enabled :D just got this puppy in. Thanks cliff...you said 3 days...I was thinking 5-7 being on the opposite side of the US practically but you were right...3 days :D
2787812156_ddfd09c06b_b.jpg

This is my brother stressin out. He doesn't know if she should mount it to the bottom of the plate or drill through the carbon fiber on the bottom. He hates damaging carbon fiber. What he eventually did was drilled the carbon fiber and used a soldering iron to seal the hole to meld the fibers back together so it wouldn't crack or splinter down the road in time.

Last edited:
2786988563_23cae63fa6_b.jpg

It's done, Drilled, sealed and set.

2786988731_574cc0f326_b.jpg

Close up...

2787826882_4e4ae9578c_b.jpg

This is me removing the nose of the bike...My brother offered to do the work but I insisted that only I venture in this area because of my wiring in the bike.

Here's a short background of me...In the past i've had my bike stolen. When I bought this bike...My philosophy now is...Keep the outside clean...Keep the inside insane....If a thief is to steal my bike he'll have to destroy it if he wants to make use of it. My bike has dual HID systems, a bike alarm, a gps tracking device and a circuit that flashes red and blue lights that I can activate from the gps tracking device. This will basically alert any officer on the road to pull this vehicle over in the event it's stolen. This is all tied into various parts of the bike with backup systems elsewhere. So now I present you....The inside of my nose...Craziness area #1. :D

2786973449_48b816ed66_b.jpg

Here is the wiring for the HID lights and some other stuff I won't go into for security reasons.

2787828362_1fce6b081e_b.jpg

This is me verifying the wiring and figuring out which system I want to tap into.

2787830772_9bf07885ae_b.jpg

End result...Note the turn signals?... No this is not veil LOL this is actually a smoke lense to give it more of a stealth look.

2786975847_a8dafab654_b.jpg

Ooooooh lookie how clean!.... ;D Since this has nothing to do with the security of the bike. I like to make it look clean

I wish I had a video camera mount to show you the jammer in action.

It works beautifully. Was going about 130 on the freeway when I got my first tag. a did a hard deceleration to 55. turned it off and drove right by the officer...got 3 more hits going 90. Cops been out in full force lately.

Anyhow I must say i'm very glad to have this unit since me and my friends like to drive the speedlimit :lol: everywhere we go.

Yeah it really does work. The unit is upgradable and upgrades have been issued to prove it. Some upgrades change the jamming signal when lidar guns receive updates and recently a hardware upgrade to upgrade the cpu clock because a new gun just came out that sends thousands of pulses per second instead of the normal 100-400 pulses from current guns. The hardware upgrade was a 50$ swap of the cpu. The software upgrades are free.

I did not show pictures of the switch and headset jack I did yet but I will in a few days when I get a marine switch in the mail.

Basically when they tag you an alarm goes off, it tells you the make and model of the lidar gun they are using following the a jamming sequence and lastly it tells you to slow down LOL.

If you read the end I wrote about how I was doing 130 when I got tagged from about half a mile away. (this was 1am) I was the only bike on the road. There was no street lights so I was an easy target. I couldn't even see the cop.

Decelerated to 55 and flipped the switch off so he could get a reading. I am assuming he did because I eventually saw him with his gun pointed at me. I average 90-100mph on the freeways and I got hit 3 more times on the way home. same thing, slow down, turn it off.

You can leave it on and he just won't get a reading but I don't recommend that cause they know you're jamming them. While jammers are legal in majority of the states. Pissing off a cop is legal too. It doesn't mean he won't make you pay for it. All I need is for him to pull me over for jamming him and start writing tickets for smoke turn signals or hid's or whatever....if you catch my drift.

Both of you have what looks like wedding bands on your right hands. Is this the custom on the island?
BTW, nice work.

That's awesome, very cool install pics! :cheerleader:

now tell me does this really work and how well?

Laser jammers (also known as laser diffusers) were developed because laser detection was not enough.

Laser jammers are designed to stop a laser from recording your speed for a short period. giving motorcyclists time to adjust their speed safely. They give you a visual and audio alert so you have time to check your speed and, if necessary, safely reduce your speed to the posted limit, before getting a ticket. The manufacturers’ purpose is not to encourage speeding, but to allow people who are following the flow of traffic or who have drifted above the speed limit to adjust to the proper speed before being fined.

Jammers work by recognising which laser has been fired at your car and then transmitting it’s own matching infra-red or laser signal back towards the laser gun. The jammer’s signal confuses the gun, which is unable to calculate the speed of the vehicle and displays an error message or quite simply no speed reading.

It is perfectly normal for an officer using a laser gun to receive error messages all the time, even on cars without jammers, just because the signal has not bounced back correctly. It is not unusual for an operator to have to fire two or three times at a vehicle to obtain a reading. These normal error messages are what jammers replicate.

Oh I want to also add that the effectiveness of jamming the signal of a lidar gun depends on a few factors.

1. The jammer needs to be quick.

It takes 1/3 of a second to get a lock. The jammers need to fire back before this otherwise it'll jam after the officer had a reading.

2. The Jamming signal needs to stronger then the lidar gun to jam it.

There are two types of jammers. LED jammers and LASER jammers.
LED jammers are things like blinder xtreme. They use infrared LEDS to jam the lidar.

LASER jammers like Laser Park Pro or AntiLaser, Laser Interceptor etc use the same Laser diodes that Lidar guns use. The only difference between LED and LASER based jammers is the effectiveness at close range.

LED jammers will lose their ability to jam at around 300-1200 feet depending how steady of a arm the officer has. Once you get too close the lidar pulses will be brighter then the led pulses from the jammer.
Also, at a closer distance they can aim for objects outside of the field of protection that a jammer offers.

Laser based jammers can effective jam to gun on most lidar devices so long as you are not driving a ford f350 or h1 hummer or big rig or something.

Upgradeability is a must if you want to insure your investment.

Last edited:
LOL we're not married that's my brother! LOL!!! actually it's a hawaiian band. Usually it's a gift given from girlfriends to their boyfriends. In which case we wear it on our right hand as we are not "married" yet :D

you dummy!! LOL, I wasn't asking you if you 2 were married together. I'm sure you are not a homo!! But thx for telling me this. I never heared of this custom. very cool!:thumbsup:

you dummy!! LOL, I wasn't asking you if you 2 were married together. I'm sure you are not a homo!! But thx for telling me this. I never heared of this custom. very cool!:thumbsup:
I just blew coffee all over my keyboard.... :rofl:

Nice install, can you tell me which lazer jammer unit you have, and how many units you have front and back?

Sure, It's the Laser Interceptor. There are two heads included. One on the front, one on the back. It's all you really need for a bike. I think trying to squeeze two more on there would be overkill. It is upgradeable to 4 laser diodes if you wish to add more coverage.

Just type laser intereptor on youtube you can see how it's mounted on various vehicles and how it performs etc.

Just curious... where home ... Oahu ?

LIve over here on Maui, sure could use your wiring experience, to set-up an alarm system like yours on my bike:laugh:

Now how are you sure it is acutally working? You need to some how do a test, like talk to a cop friend or something. I have heard of ALOT of people that buy jammers, and not test them. The will be going fast, and either the cop doesnt clock them, or they slow down and the cop just barely tags him too late, and thus they think their jammer is working. However, down the road when they actually do get a ticket it is a huge one, and the company they bought from simply makes some excuse like their jammer wasnt updated, or was mounted improperly. There are alot of companies out there that will sell a 2 dollar plastic box with little lights on it as a several hundred dollar jammer, and do things like pay for your ticket if you do get one (because it costs less than the 'jammer' you just bought, they still turn major profit)

LOL yeah that's true. But honestly unlike a lot of other units that just chirp and flash lights. This one actually talks and lets you know what's going on.

Let's just say that i've changed my riding habbits because i've seen a difference in what this does for me.

In regards to legitimate testing. I have an uncle who is a sheriff who offered to give it a test run. He wasn't able to get a lock using a prolaser iii. this was going 55 in a 35. Eventually he ended up buying one too since he was happy with what he saw. He ended up putting two heads in front and none in the rear though.

I got tagged just before I got home tonight, the onramp to H1 from pearlridge townbown. A solobike hit me going 70 in a 45. He pulled over another bike behind me.

When you get tagged you'll know it. The device will go "Weeoo weeoo weeoo Marksman or ultralye 20/20. Jamming sequence activated, please slow down".

I didn't slow down LOL that's how I tried to test it. I go 15 over the limit and don't slowdown. passed a dodge charger, a mustang and two solo bikes. They can hit you far before you even see them.

On monday morning at 1:15am me and some friends were ripping it hard. They make me play scout now. I'll go up ahead about 90mph and once I get the alert i'll pull back to 55 and turn it off so the officer gets a reading (you don't need to since jammers ARE legal here but still. I got HID's, clear alternative smoked lenses etc who knows what BS the cop will write me a ticket for so I let him get a reading). then i'll alert my friends via chatterbox it's all clear etc...

I have an uncle who is a sheriff who was interested in the unit so we did a test on lagoon. He let me get away with going 75 in a 35 since he patrols the whole strip. It's a 3 mile straight strip. He could get lock from about 3100 feet on the busa headlight at night. He's a big target he said. Did a second run, turned on the unit. Weeoo Weeoo Weeoo Custom Pro 3 or pro lite, Jamming sequence activated, please slow down.

It was nice to actually hear it identify the gun.

Here's another cool reason to lead me to believe this unit does more then just chirp and flash lights.

I was on lunch ripping it to waikiki and back to work, around 545pm I was on the airport viaduct, came out of the tunnel about 80mph and I was just blinded from the sun setting straight ahead of me. All of a sudden I hear "Interference from sun has been detected, please drive cautiously" It's a warning to let you know that the blinding IR from the sun may reduce the effectiveness of the unit being able to detect the lidar beam.

Fancy stuff...You can tell they are trying hard to get a reading cause if there are other cars, you'll just hear the warning once, they'll give up and move on to another vehicle. If you are the only car on the road thought, you can be doing 75 in a 55 and they'll keep trying and trying and trying and trying.

I've even had a cop look at his gun a few times then try again eventually trying to tag me from the rear after I pass him.

Good stuff!!

Please note that this jammer is not meant for you to drive around with a grin on your face and middle fingers flapping in the wind when you pass an traffic cop.

It's meant to give you a heads up so you can slow down, turn it off and let them get a valid reading.

I just gave up turning it off cause it's legal to own and sometimes they tag you when you're like 800 feet away you don't have time to slow down and turn it off before you end up passing them.

Just always be aware of your surroundings. They can pace you, they probably can tag a vehicle passing you or pacing you and pull you over for it. I mean can you really contest it by claiming you have a jammer?

I forgot to add yeah i'm from oahu! :D

If they want to get you they will. I will just make it as hard as I can for them to do so.

Last edited:
Oh if I may add one more thing.

I wrote about changing my habbits since I got the jammer.

Before I used to try to avoid going to areas looking for cops. Now when I go out for a ride. I'm actually TRYING to find them. I purposely cruise places I know where they hang out just so hear the device go off.

On a positive note for the officers side though. I've noticed that now that i've had more faith in going faster on the freeway i've had one situation where a car sped up to challenge me to a race. We both took off, going about 85 and accelerating I got the alert, couldn't even see the cop....I pulled back...the guy kept going...about 5 seconds later his brake lights turn on...Cop starts walking to his bike rips by me and pulls him over. LOL if that guy is on this board. Sorry bro.

Good stuff man, They haven't gotten very aggresive with laser here in Asheville yet, but another board member and I were talking about it when I picked up some parts from where he works. he was telling me how they staked out a bridge and had a guy inside the guard rail using the laser and 4-5 patrol cars waiting off on the side to go run em down...

Makes you think...

Good stuff man, They haven't gotten very aggresive with laser here in Asheville yet, but another board member and I were talking about it when I picked up some parts from where he works. he was telling me how they staked out a bridge and had a guy inside the guard rail using the laser and 4-5 patrol cars waiting off on the side to go run em down...

Makes you think...

Sorry, kind of off topic, but...

Here in NM (Albuquerque, especially) they will do things like that, but on a bigger scale. Several times coming into Albuquerque, they had a sting. Rush hour traffic, where no cop car could effectively chase a car, and everyone is speeding anyways. They had 3 or 4 guys standing on the big concrete divider on the freeway, holding onto the light posts with guns. They would tag someone, then below, they had 4 or 5 motorcycles and one would take off down the shoulder, get into traffic and right on the car by weaving through traffic. Now THATS a sting!

Back