lowering checklist

dgmontoya

Registered
ok I have bar risers already on and braided lines and sounds like I only need a rear link. Is this right? Is the stock chain ok? What's a good rear link? Am I missing anything? Thanks ahead guys I appreciate it.

if you want to stay in the cheaper range then go with a set of drilled 3 hole links. Doesnt offer as much as a fully adjustable set of links will give you though. I havent looked into the lowering link scene in a while but i dont recall any 3 hole lowering links to stay away from. There are plenty of board sponsors here that can sell you what ever kind you want to go with. Stock chain is fine... only time you need to worry about the chain is if your planning on increasing or decreasing your swingarm length. Only thing i can think of to worry about is if you lower it to far and your body weight is on the high side, you run the risk of bottoming out the rear tire in the tail section with the stock shock.

Try steer away from the cheap ebay links! Buy from one of our sponsors they won't sell you anything that might kill you!

Links breaking means the whole back half of you bike bottoms out. Since you only have two wheels to balance off of. You get the picture I hope. Don't buy cheap! They aren't very expensive to begin with.

question on you buying those braided lines. Make sure you have enough travel/slack on them. When you launch the front raises off the ground extending the forks. If not enough slack it the lines pull at point they attached. Over time it will cause the lines to snap. You plan on lowering it so shouldn't really be a problem.

If you go with adjustable links in back I suggest Brocks or Soupy's. Both proven to be reliable. Advantage to adjustable is you don't have to go through the whole process you did while installing them. You can raise/lower 1/16th" or 1" later down the road with little hassle.

Pic of Soupy's on my busa...
SoupysAdjustableLinks.jpg

Good luck!

You said bar risers, but has the front been actually lowered? Not being silly, you can raise bars but unless you loosen the fork tubes and slide them up in the triple the front isn't lowered yet.

Rear links are the ticket, any 3 hole will do.

Back