08 tail section

Ripcord4

Registered
Does anyone know the answer to this. Can you replace the subframe on an 05 with the subframe from an 08 and then mount an 08 tailsection?

why would anyone want to?
smile.gif
i could see going the other way.
smile.gif

smile.gif

you have to replace the subframe then everything bolts on, might have to splice the lights in though (not sure). need to use the 08 front seat also.ive been quoted a price of $1000 to do the total swap(tail,undertail ,lights, subframe, seat, and hump) and repaint the whole bike my choice of any colors.sounds like a good winter project to me

you have to replace the subframe then everything bolts on, might have to splice the lights in though (not sure). need to use the 08 front seat also.ive been quoted a price of $1000 to do the total swap(tail,undertail ,lights, subframe, seat, and hump) and repaint the whole bike my choice of any colors.sounds like a good winter project to me

And there you have it.

:moon: interesting modification.... Im no fan of the 08' tail end. Looks like a moped to me. Cheers to the idea though! :beerchug:

i just made the swap, u need the subframe, tail section - of course,lol- the passenger foot pegs ... i'm still in the process but you will have to tie the wires into your gen1 to work. but everything else is pretty much bolt up... if you have any questions feel free to ask..

would someone mind giving me a "ball park" figure this will cost. i am considering this mod. but i want to see how much i'll sink into it. thanks!

Back