Fairing Screens

cipher5791

Registered
I am a proud new owner of a 2002 Busa. I swapped the black rims for crome and threw unique paint scheme on the fairings. I extended the rear and lowered the rear. I used chrome emblems after the painting as well as a chrome upper tree and chrome grips. This bike was a rebuild and most of my parts came off of ebay(hence the location of the frame sliders). I went with that since the hole was already there. Performance wise my bike is stock other than the Micron slip-ons. They were shortened due to some damage and plus I was rebuilding on a budget.  
wtf.gif

I was about to perchase some of the screens to go in the holes of my fairings when a good friend of mine took me to Lowes and showed me a piece of screen for a window. It cost about 25 bucks and we used some wire cutters and some silicone. The screens actually look chrome so that was an added plus. I advise any new busa owners to try your local hardware store before you go drop 60 to 100 bucks on a set. I really think that is all these people that sell them use anyways.
hello.gif

easybutton.png

spank.gif

SD531974.JPG

I've been talking about doing that on my K8 for nearly 6 months now
banghead.gif
wtf.gif

Looks good! I gotta get motivated and give this a try.
How long did it take to bend them and was it hard to get the mesh all going the same way?

I was about to perchase some of the screens to go in the holes of my fairings when a good friend of mine took me to Lowes and showed me a piece of screen for a window. It cost about 25 bucks and we used some wire cutters and some silicone. The screens actually look chrome so that was an added plus. I advise any new busa owners to try your local hardware store before you go drop 60 to 100 bucks on a set. I really think that is all these people that sell them use anyways.
hello.gif
easybutton.png
spank.gif
I think you overpaid a lot. those screens you referring to is actually $1.80 a piece, and 2 pieces enough to make a set.

Here is the problem, Screens are aluminum and not protected from elements, they will look like crap in 1 year.

Watch for that silicon you used, it`s get hot and it will melt.
Use "plastic fussion" epoxy instead, you can buy it in WalMart, Home Depot or Lowes. $2.97

BTW
I`m the one who is selling screens on this board for 3 years now, real chrome, not look alike.
I never used cheap crap gutter screens, I`m personally offended by your remark.

I have zero complains out of 300 sets sold.

P.S. nice colors on that bike you have, Do something about sliders, they looks funny.

hello.gif

easybutton.png

spank.gif
I think you overpaid a lot. those screens you referring to is actually $1.80 a piece, and 2 pieces enough to make a set.

Here is the problem, Screens are aluminum and not protected from elements, they will look like crap in 1 year.

Use "plastic fussion" epoxy instead, you can buy it in WalMart, Home Depot or Lowes. $2.97

BTW
I`m the one who is selling screens on this board for 3 years now, real chrome, not look alike.

P.S. nice colors on that bike you have, Do something about sliders, they looks funny.
Your's look awesome Vic....

I see a few sets of sliders where his are they actually go by lower mid fairing on engine bolt...

Your's look awesome Vic....

I see a few sets of sliders where his are they actually go by lower mid fairing on engine bolt...
Thanks for the compliment Daniel.

Idiot dealer read instructions in sliders install manual and cut for upper engine mount without thinking.
I`ve seen a few cut that way. They protect nothing.

hello.gif

easybutton.png

spank.gif

BTW

I apologize for the offense but I was referring to some of the people on Ebay. If you do have legitimate equiptment that you sell, then good for you. I know a friend who bought some off of ebay and we compared his with the stuff that we had and it looked exactly the same.
sad.gif

I've been talking about doing that on my K8 for nearly 6 months now
banghead.gif

wtf.gif

Looks good! I gotta get motivated and give this a try.
How long did it take to bend them and was it hard to get the mesh all going the same way?
took us about an hour between talking and putting bike back together. It bends pretty good.

did mine over the weekend they were easy as hell the aluminum screen was way easy to bend and shape then just used a good silicone adhesive done deal

...Hmm, not bad looking. Be sure to treat those screens like he said if not already done :rulez: . An umm yea those front frame sliders are slacking a lil bit!

BTW

How much is a complete set for an K6 Busa? and are they already properly bent for each slot? does it come with the eppox? I am not not that creative, if I try that on mine it will look like crap. His looks real sharp though. sorry
:hijack:

I ordered a set from vic_E55_2001 about a year ago, and they still look as good as they did when I pulled them from the box. Mine didn't come with the epoxy, but I used a soldering gun to melt the fairing plastic 'lip' on the inside of the fairing (similar to what suzuki did with the intake screens). No problems at all since I've gad them installed on the bike.

Thanks, Vic!!

Back