Buell Pegs

drops down and moves rearward some.  it will make a diff. on your knees.

IMG_0401__Small_.JPG

yup, I bought them and ridding is much better, got them from members for members great deal and simple install

I bought these in a "ready to drop in" kit from a forum member.  They improved my knee confort on the bike.

I know this is Kinda Cheap but I just Removed The Rubber Piece on the Original Foot Peg
SHOCKED.gif

Just thought I'd point out the downfall to this mod. The shifter in its new adjustment does take some getting use to. I'm 6'3" with size 12 shoe and have no problems shifting. It was different at first,but now no problems what so ever. Can clutchless shift all day long NP. People Have modded their shifter and such to make up for the problem. Basically with the Buell peg it puts your foot out further making it harder to keep your foot under the shifter rubber. If you look at your stock peg and then the pic of Buell here you should see what I mean.

Have no regrets with this mod. TL pegs are option other people have taken also. Beull gives you more room though so to speak.

you can pickup a set from your local harley dealer or get with joe for a drop in set GSXR1300
I'm sure he'll see this thread

More comfy for me. Adjusting the shifter was no problem and probably something I would have done anyway. Added leg room is very good!
super.gif

There seems to be a trend. I had the Zero Graivity Double-Bubble and Heli-Bars added at the dealership before I even picked up my 2007 last year. I just did the Buell Peg Mod today. Bought mine from the man himself, GSX1300R-T. The pegs REALLY stretched my knees out. On my first test-ride, it almost felt like I was riding a dirtbike, almost like I was standing up. That's how much of an improvement it is. I did notice I was unable to grab the tank with my knees the same way I was used to, but I'll get over it. My knees's comfort on the highway will help me forget. My primary goal was to get these for a long-distance ride my Dad and I are taking to Oklahoma. I also just did a Vista Cruise throttle lock addition as well. All in all, I think I have a pretty snazzy touring bike now.

I forgot to mention, I did run into a few snags after the peg installation. That part was a breeze. The hard part was adjusting the shift lever and rear brake lever. The 8 pages of instructions by GSX1300R-T were fantastic. I loosened the set screw on the rear brake lever and backed it all the way until the threaded rod hit the lever itself, at which point it won't adjust any farther. Even at that point, my lever is still too high. I have to crank my ankle up at an odd angle to get my to on top of the lever. I'm going to have to cut the threaded adjuster rod so I can gain some extra adjusting room. I also ran into a problem with my splined shifter shaft. It would not rotate in 1 tooth increments on the splined shaft. For some reason, it skipped 5 or so teeth at a time. As a result, my shifter peg is also too high. I'm going to have to do some further investigating to figure that out. It worked well enough on my 40+ mile test ride, but I'd like to get it set up properly, not half-heartedly because I got stuck and couldn't figure it out. Here's hoping the mechanical aptitude fairy visits me in my sleep tonight and drizzles mechanic's dust on me.

I forgot to mention, I did run into a few snags after the peg installation. That part was a breeze. The hard part was adjusting the shift lever and rear brake lever. The 8 pages of instructions by GSX1300R-T were fantastic. I loosened the set screw on the rear brake lever and backed it all the way until the threaded rod hit the lever itself, at which point it won't adjust any farther. Even at that point, my lever is still too high. I have to crank my ankle up at an odd angle to get my to on top of the lever. I'm going to have to cut the threaded adjuster rod so I can gain some extra adjusting room. I also ran into a problem with my splined shifter shaft. It would not rotate in 1 tooth increments on the splined shaft. For some reason, it skipped 5 or so teeth at a time. As a result, my shifter peg is also too high. I'm going to have to do some further investigating to figure that out. It worked well enough on my 40+ mile test ride, but I'd like to get it set up properly, not half-heartedly because I got stuck and couldn't figure it out. Here's hoping the mechanical aptitude fairy visits me in my sleep tonight and drizzles mechanic's dust on me.

The mechanical aptitude fairy has arrived!! PM sent!!

I have the pegs on my bike. What I found was that being tall 6'3" with long legs, was that my knees now tuck into the side of the tank better than before. I tried putting my old pegs back on a few weeks ago to see how they felt, and I could really tell the difference going back to stock. My knees were resting above the indents on the tank. I found I can corner harder with the buell pegs because I feel more planted on the bike.

I have the pegs on my bike. What I found was that being tall 6'3" with long legs, was that my knees now tuck into the side of the tank better than before. I tried putting my old pegs back on a few weeks ago to see how they felt, and I could really tell the difference going back to stock. My knees were resting above the indents on the tank. I found I can corner harder with the buell pegs because I feel more planted on the bike.

Made me corner better and faster as well!! Good point!!!:thumbsup:

Me likey; vibrates a little more but not bothersome. Brake adjust was harder than shift adjust but not something you have to be afraid of.

Back