What am I getting myself into????

Pinky Winky

Donating Member
Registered
I've got an '04 limited that I'm about to stretch 7" and drop 2" up front and 3 to 4" in the rear. What suspention problems am I going to run into with these mods and how do I get around them? I'm 170 suited up and dont run 2up. All input is welcome. Ive heard that you have to replace the strut and others say just to have it resprung for my weight so if the suspention gods out there could grace me with their knowledge so that I dont end up in ground. Thanks guys.

I raced against him last weekend. He already knows the answers to all of the questions he asked.

the only thing that i can see would be the back tire hitting on a :bump: at 3to4 down in back. unless you are going to race it only. :race:

have fun on the street with that.... going to bottom out going that low in the front.

I'm down 3 in the rear and about 2 in the frt. curbs I have to stand up to go over but thats only on my driveway:laugh:

Stretched and only being 170 suited I would think you can adj. your existing suspension to compensate. JMHO

Might wanna invest in a two inch oil pan to be on the safe side.

ya or maybe some of the titanium blocks attached to the oil pan. to get the sparks like the guys that slam there bumpers on the ground while rolling.. one of my buddy's has that it cool at night but f's up the road bad...

ya or maybe some of the titanium blocks attached to the oil pan. to get the sparks like the guys that slam there bumpers on the ground while rolling.. one of my buddy's has that it cool at night but f's up the road bad...

Yes f's it up really bad, don't do that...It'll just make our unsafe roads worse for bikers as it already is.

LOL I turned in 3 chumps doing that crap.

Doing things that put yourself in danger i'm cool with but things that affect other drivers/riders....negative :D

I have mine lowered with links on the rear ( on the middle hole ), and streched 6" over. I had the bike on the lowest hole and had to raise it b/c I was denting my header on the road. As far as hitting the fender w/ the rear tire on hard launches, a cheap fix is to strap the front when you are at the track.

Back